General questions about CADE 1200 S2

Salty716

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to buy a CADE Reef 1200S2 when I move to my new house. I was wondering if anyone could recommend return pump/equipment they might be using on theirs?
Also, does anyone know the standard weight of the tank by itself?

oldmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to use Maxspect Turbine duo 12k on my upcoming Cade S21500 build.

S2 1200 tank should weigh somewhere around 200-210lbs

Thanks

Wingzinco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and am just beginning the process of putting it all together. I bought an EcoTech S2 for the return and figured I could turn it down if I need. Would rather have too much than too little, I figure, especially with branching off for reactors. But, can't comment on how well it works yet, obviously. Tank is heavy for sure! I couldn't find it documented so used an online calculator and what they told you is about what I determined. I had one other person help me move it and get it on stand, and was VERY glad to have ordered four glass suction cups for the lift. We JUST made it up to the stand, but I could see where standing on something to give an extra couple inches would help. Other than that, I rented a four-wheel dolly to move it from my garage to the house and it was the best 10 dollars I spent. If Cade shipped it stacked, just know that getting the stand down and to the ground was a bit awkward due to its height. I recommend using additional tables or something as half-way points when pulling the stand down and when lifting the tank on the stand.

OP
OP
Salty716

Salty716

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and am just beginning the process of putting it all together. I bought an EcoTech S2 for the return and figured I could turn it down if I need. Would rather have too much than too little, I figure, especially with branching off for reactors. But, can't comment on how well it works yet, obviously. Tank is heavy for sure! I couldn't find it documented so used an online calculator and what they told you is about what I determined. I had one other person help me move it and get it on stand, and was VERY glad to have ordered four glass suction cups for the lift. We JUST made it up to the stand, but I could see where standing on something to give an extra couple inches would help. Other than that, I rented a four-wheel dolly to move it from my garage to the house and it was the best 10 dollars I spent. If Cade shipped it stacked, just know that getting the stand down and to the ground was a bit awkward due to its height. I recommend using additional tables or something as half-way points when pulling the stand down and when lifting the tank on the stand.
Did you have any damage with the tank being stacked? I saw someone had their 1500 delivered from Algaebarn with the stand on top and it cracked through the top of the box. Yeah I was looking at a DC up tp 2K gph in case I add other media to it.

also did you rent a 4 wheel dolly thats lifted or a standard one? I have a 2 wheel and also the following i was going to use to wheel around the house.
image.jpg

Wingzinco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have any damage with the tank being stacked? I saw someone had their 1500 delivered from Algaebarn with the stand on top and it cracked through the top of the box. Yeah I was looking at a DC up tp 2K gph in case I add other media to it.

also did you rent a 4 wheel dolly thats lifted or a standard one? I have a 2 wheel and also the following i was going to use to wheel around the house.
image.jpg
I meant, EcoTech M2, I have an S2 for my UV.

Yeah, just a four wheel similar to your picture. Unboxed it in the garage, lifted onto that, wheeled to the inner door, then used the one step to lift it a little each time. Once we had it resting at the top, we lifted inside and my wife actually placed the dolly. (So guess we had three people. :))

Then wheeled it near the stand, put my piano bench between, lifted it to the bench, then to the stand after repositioning the suction cups.

Advice is to not drag it on any surface, I had a bit of the bottom, white, paint peel off accidentally. I’m using sand, so not a big deal and easy to fix if not.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back