Getting back in after 9 year hiatus

Rusty_L_Shackleford

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2022
Messages
616
Reaction score
960
Location
North Myrtle Beach
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just moved back to the Carolinas after spending almost 8 years in Hawaii. I sold all my stuff and moved there 8 years to study marine science and aquaculture. I've started slowly collecting gear to start a build once I get a permanent job and figure out a permanent living situation. I've got about 50 pounds of dry rock, sa10 gallon tank with hob (intended to be a QT tank, some black sand, and I just picked up a used Gen 3 radion. Fortunately I have a super supportive wife who loves tanks too, and encourages me to get what I really want, instead of just getting something that will work for now. If I buy/build from scratch I will probably go with a 40 breeder build (unless I come across a really good deal on a better used tank, we shall see). Planning for an SPS/LPS tank and a really spectacular pair of clowns, and some gobies.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new