Getting back into the hobby finally! Need help with lights.

Which light would fit best for a beginner coral nanotank enthusiast?

• Kessil A80

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Hipargero Aqua Knight

• USA Current

• Total voters

Takito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I'm new to the forum and need help selecting lights for my Innovative Marine 20g Encore Concept tank. I used to have a FOWLR tank and didn't worry much about lights, but I plan to get a step deeper and start with Corals. Lighting research is overwhelming, but I think I have narrowed it down a bit. My tanks dimensions are 12x12x13 each. I am on a budget, but I want to be smart about it and not end up having to pay extra for unnecesary mistakes.
A Kessil A80 for each would be great, but that would be more than $300 with goosenecks.
I saw the Hipargero Aqua Knight, much cheaper and it looks nice, I would spend $120 for 2 lights.
Finally the USA current led is my third choice, one 18-24" box for both tanks would be the cheapest option $90.
Would you please help me out with my decision making? Thank you!

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1589560890368.png

OP
OP
T

Takito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your budget

I think I'm just going for the Aqua Knight. I will need an ATO, skimmer or mini refugium, refractrometer, test kit, salt, sand, rocks, etc. And I need to keep it cost friendly.

Teaman89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I'm new to the forum and need help selecting lights for my Innovative Marine 20g Encore Concept tank. I used to have a FOWLR tank and didn't worry much about lights, but I plan to get a step deeper and start with Corals. Lighting research is overwhelming, but I think I have narrowed it down a bit. My tanks dimensions are 12x12x13 each. I am on a budget, but I want to be smart about it and not end up having to pay extra for unnecesary mistakes.
A Kessil A80 for each would be great, but that would be more than $300 with goosenecks.
I saw the Hipargero Aqua Knight, much cheaper and it looks nice, I would spend $120 for 2 lights.
Finally the USA current led is my third choice, one 18-24" box for both tanks would be the cheapest option $90.
Would you please help me out with my decision making? Thank you!
Lights are key to a successful reef tank. I would say if you can spend a little more on lights it would be a smart call. I just order 2 AI primes for my tank. I hear really good things about them. If I coulda I woulda got the kessil’s for sure.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm just going for the Aqua Knight. I will need an ATO, skimmer or mini refugium, refractrometer, test kit, salt, sand, rocks, etc. And I need to keep it cost friendly.
I know this thread is a bit old but did you end up getting the Aqua Knight reef light? If so how is it working for you? I have this one on my list.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back