Getting sick of manual testing

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do your numbers vary week to week with what your doing? If not, don’t try every week. Test every two. Then start sliding things right. You may find that all of your maint wasn’t as necessary as you thought too.

OP
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a trident and che k weekly against the results manually. Ko

This is more of why I looked into automation. For the record tieveryone that didn't read my responses. You hit the nail on the head I don't want to eliminate manual testing but I'd rather have multiple redundencys for testing so I can be "one with my tank" I'm a visual learner I like to have something that can check my human brain but that I can also check and average for a better understand. You my friend got it. Will Def look I to this option.

Do your numbers vary week to week with what your doing? If not, don’t try every week. Test every two. Then start sliding things right. You may find that all of your maint wasn’t as necessary as you thought too.
No I wouldn't say that. I'm more worried I am not preforming tests right or false positives which I know some of our tests have. So I'd rather actually have the best numbers for levels in a tank so I can graph my results if I want to with averages from different sources.

But I will agree I've done tons of unneeded maint. I'll be the first to admit. Which is why I'd like something visual that if I'm ever feeling paranoid I can check levels instantly without the need to then wonder if I didn't test right and my paranoia is justified.

Key words here I will pay cash for redundancy

jeffmr4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mindstream seems pretty cool. Its pricey, a bit bulkey and probably out of stock for a while but it seems to cover the major bases except nitrate and iodine.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back