GHA Reflux question should i pull the trigger?

Edgar F

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

Need a bit of advice. I have been fighting some GHA and want to try Reef Flux or Fluconazole

Back story
Moved my tank to a larger 60 gal to a 110 and used my old rock and new sand my levels started rising po4 .25 and NO2 to 25. GHA started taking over I cut lights, less feeding, more water changes and pulling out from tank has not worked at all.
After I started using no-pox to lower my Nitrates it was worked great once they lower down to around 10 then i started using ElimMP from britewell aquatics this stuff works great in a few months I was able to lower my PO4 to .08 and NO3 to 0.
I have been running close to this levels for at least a month Algae wont seem to die at all

My equipment is

Klir flilter ( I think this is what is making my NO3 0 BTW)
Skimmer Aquiamaxx FC120 (skimmer is running well)
Algea srubber Clear view ( scrubber is not producing anything as of now I'm guessing my low levels have something to do with it)

Stock

Yellow tang (wont touch Algae)
Blue tang (same wont eat it )
Clown fish
2 chromies
royal gamma
diamond goby
urchin

I have replenish my CUC 3 times and they don't seem to care about my GHA they all end up dying

So my question is should I pull the trigger of REEF FLUX?

TIA :)

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

Need a bit of advice. I have been fighting some GHA and want to try Reef Flux or Fluconazole

Back story
Moved my tank to a larger 60 gal to a 110 and used my old rock and new sand my levels started rising po4 .25 and NO2 to 25. GHA started taking over I cut lights, less feeding, more water changes and pulling out from tank has not worked at all.
After I started using no-pox to lower my Nitrates it was worked great once they lower down to around 10 then i started using ElimMP from britewell aquatics this stuff works great in a few months I was able to lower my PO4 to .08 and NO3 to 0.
I have been running close to this levels for at least a month Algae wont seem to die at all

My equipment is

Klir flilter ( I think this is what is making my NO3 0 BTW)
Skimmer Aquiamaxx FC120 (skimmer is running well)
Algea srubber Clear view ( scrubber is not producing anything as of now I'm guessing my low levels have something to do with it)

Stock

Yellow tang (wont touch Algae)
Blue tang (same wont eat it )
Clown fish
2 chromies
royal gamma
diamond goby
urchin

I have replenish my CUC 3 times and they don't seem to care about my GHA they all end up dying

So my question is should I pull the trigger of REEF FLUX?

TIA :)
Reef Flux and Fluconazole treat byropsis. I found it did nothing for green hair algae. Keep a CLOSE eye on your yellow tang if you decide you have bryopsis and not GHA. My yellow tang nearly died but we caught it before death, moved into my 5g Petco combo tank QT for three weeks 'vacation' while main tank went thru double dose 3 week byropsis Reef Flux treatment. With double dose Reef Flux, I was going on faith by start of week 3 when finally bryopsis began to die and by end of week - dead.

After 3 weeks, we did a huge water change, ran charcoal, then yellow tang got to go back.

My yellow tang only eats live red ogo I now grow in the 5g tank because my Vibrant treatment either didn't kill all the GHA or it was reintroduced. Vibrant wiped out all other algaes before finally GHA. I beat GHA 1x this early Spring after months of Vibrant, and now I'm back at the GHA fight. On the plus side bryopsis didn't come back (yet).

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back