GHL ATO-AWC function observations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am testing ATO-AWC functions

Yesterday I set up a test bed to figure out the ATO and AWC functions in the Profilux.
This is the video I followed to test things

My observations are these:

1. The timer fail safe function, when engaged during the water removal process and reset causes the ATO to start. The problem here is if you are removing salt water during your water change the system upon reset try's to add back RODI water. This will cause a drop in salinity. The likely hood of this happening is unlikely. The reason I saw this occur is my line that was in the bucket started to suck air and the timer shut my system off.

2. Since I had the above problem it got me thinking that a timer failsafe would be ideal in all three functions. Also when an error/failsafe occurs it would be best to have the unit finish where it left off. Presently when an error occurs and is reset then the ATO function starts adding RODI water, because it senses a low water condition.

Next I might try a different set up. But I’m having trouble with timers interfering with feed filters. I have a support ticket in for this. @Vinny@GHLUSA

Here is my test set up.
7694ECF1-FC1A-40EE-A81B-7FA5FB99CBE2.jpeg

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the the alarm occurred the function stops, so it does not know where to restart. It not like a pause but in logic terms it ends the existing function.

I do have this setup, I understand your concern that what happens if the awc times out, if I reset the error the ATO will begin filling as it seems the high water sensor that is the same I am using for ato and since it did not refill will turn on.

But, I would not reset the error until I had salt water created so that when I reset I would start a water change immeeidatly (it hit reset and then start water change) that would stop the ato immediately. (Program logic do not ato while a water change is going on).

Then to address even more I added a sensor in my salt container and if that is also activated the ato will not happen.

But an issue I did come across and need to log a supper call on is the max amount of time ato should be on has to cover the water change function and it should not. It should look at is the pump actually running and not because the high water sensor activated.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, the failsafe timer for all doesn’t work well IMHO. Ideally I would have a fail safe timer for each operation. This way I can have real fail safes for each step.

I wrote the below on the GHL forum:
Upon setting up the ATO & water change combo control I want to set up the failsafe timer correctly. However I need to know which of the three circuits it effects and how?

The three circuits are “Fill water ATO only”, “Fill water AWC only” and “drain water”.

There is only one fail safe timer. Which circuit does the timer effect?

If the timer effects all three circuits individually this is unacceptable. For instance it takes 7min for each part of the AWC using Two sensors separated by 1.5” to complete it’s process. However using this ATO & water change control the ATO side uses 1 sensor and it only takes about 10 seconds to perform it’s task.

Also with an evaporation rate of 1.25 gallons a day the ATO side of this control is on and off 20-30 times a day.

More and more it’s looking like I need to set up a separate ATO and AWC. This way I can control timeout the fail safe function of both circuits.

The other question is when you are running a separate AWC and ATO does the ATO automatically shut off or does this need to be set up with two separate timers? IE one timer to shut off the ATO function while the AWC timer runs the AWC process.

In a perfect world I would have 2 sensors for ATO, 2 sensors for AWC. The top sensor would be shared while the two circuits would have separate low level sensors. Each circuit would have separate fail safe timers. When the AWC starts it automatically tops off RODI and then shuts off ATO functions till the AWC finishes. The real trick would be that the system would auto top off before doing a water change. This way you don’t slowly increase salinity because the AWC started while the water level was lower.

Back