GHL Connect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cpllongjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Marco@GHLUSA
Your welcome

One other thing I have noted with the GHL connect.

I have a GHL touch display. In GCC you can configure the display to show the status of the sensors at the dashboard of the touch display. But nothing more

Was playing around with the GHL connect app and configure the app:s dashboard to show my dosing pumps 1-8 and also number 15. It works for 1 – 8 but number 15 do not show up on the dashboard of the app. I can live with that

But - This morning I pass by my GHL touch display – look at the sensors – ok – but what the heck – now its also show the status of my dosing pumps. 1 – 8 – how many % is left and so on. Its also show number 15 but give 0 % (its around 55 % left in reality)

It look like the settings in the GHL connect app also will program the dashboard of the touch display – great!!!

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse this is one thing I wish wasn't part of the features of the app. I too have a Profilux Touch and do not want my dosing pumps on the main display because they start to cycle. However, I do want the dosing pumps on my Connect App. When I found out that the Connect App places the pumps on the Touch I turned it off.

In the end, keep posting your thoughts because there's a reason why Connect is still in beta and "The noisy wheel gets the grease!"

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cpllongjk What you mean with start to cycle? My dosing pumps seems not be affected (how they work) because they are on the touch dashboard. If you with cycle means that the display will change every 5 seconds - its does not matter for me because I have so many sensors - it will do that anyway

Sincerely Lasse

cpllongjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cpllongjk What you mean with start to cycle? My dosing pumps seems not be affected (how they work) because they are on the touch dashboard. If you with cycle means that the display will change every 5 seconds - its does not matter for me because I have so many sensors - it will do that anyway

Sincerely Lasse

Yes I mean my display cycles. I do not like that. I try to only put the 4 most important things on my main display.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New version of the Application hit Itunes today:
app.PNG

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you able to use this app to run a doser 2? I would like to be able to run one pump backwards as an auto feeder.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having trouble updating the wifi firmware in order to get ghl connect to work. When I type in my ip in browser it asks for user name and password. I enter admin with the password listed in gcc, but still no luck? Anyone else have this problem, solution?

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having trouble updating the wifi firmware in order to get ghl connect to work. When I type in my ip in browser it asks for user name and password. I enter admin with the password listed in gcc, but still no luck? Anyone else have this problem, solution?

I believe the password is case-sensitive, so if you're missing a capital 'S' that might be the issue.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, just got back home. Thanks for the ideas so far. I definitely have the user name and password correct. Even the capital S.

It took me a while to get it connected to wifi and all that, as I have 0 network knowledge. I'm good as far as gcc and myghl connected. Just trying to get this last step done for the app. I need to update wifi fw I'm pretty sure, so stuck with that. I may try to do the onlinw updater tool?

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the wifi fw updated using the wifi updater tool download. Not sure why the other method was giving me trouble, but now good to go on all platforms!

Thanks for the tips and suggestions, sure it won't be my last time stuck on something!

Screenshot_20171202-141017.png

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Doser 2 will not connect. I get a message saying firm ware needs to be updated to firmware 124. I can’t figure out how to update the firm ware. I have all apple products and have never been able to connect the doser to myGHL. Any help would be appreciated.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Below is a video:

Sorry saw you have all apple products, you would need a windows vm on your macbook to run the gcc desktop software.

Last edited:

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to purchase the Profilux 4 and the new Doser. Can I use the app on a tablet as a display similar to Neptune’s apex or is the touch still a better option ?

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to purchase the Profilux 4 and the new Doser. Can I use the app on a tablet as a display similar to Neptune’s apex or is the touch still a better option ?

Yes you can use a tablet as a display. Also have a ton of options for control through the app. Your dashboard you can make however you want. The only thing is I have experienced occasionally where it disconnects, but it tells you if it has happened and very easy to reconnect. It hasn't happened here lately, so maybe it was just something they were working out? I bought a amazon tablet for $30 that I plan to use on my display currently with the new app. I also have the touch, but it is in my basement next to the sump. I like the touch "manual mode" for quick switching of the outlets. This however can be done with the app as well. Would be sweet if they added outlet "buttons" for the dashboard on the app, but it's only a matter of clicking 2 things to get to it.

Full disclosure I've only had a profilux for a little over a week, so I'm still getting familiar with the whole interface.

muz_z

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone got the app to work outside there network?

i have had the previous app working outside my network but cant get the new app to work as i cant put a port number in the host/ip section?
port 80 is forwarded on my router in GCC port 80 is in the webserver
have tried without the port number but no luck

muz_z

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I have tried accessing the webserver with my IP and :80 on the end and it works fine just not the app

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back