GHL Connect

Discussion in 'GHL Advanced Technology' started by reefwiser, Oct 31, 2017.

1. cpllongjk

cpllongjk Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

Lasse this is one thing I wish wasn't part of the features of the app. I too have a Profilux Touch and do not want my dosing pumps on the main display because they start to cycle. However, I do want the dosing pumps on my Connect App. When I found out that the Connect App places the pumps on the Touch I turned it off.

In the end, keep posting your thoughts because there's a reason why Connect is still in beta and "The noisy wheel gets the grease!"

Jamie7907 likes this.

2. Lasse

Lasse Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor

@cpllongjk What you mean with start to cycle? My dosing pumps seems not be affected (how they work) because they are on the touch dashboard. If you with cycle means that the display will change every 5 seconds - its does not matter for me because I have so many sensors - it will do that anyway

Sincerely Lasse

3. cpllongjk

cpllongjk Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

Yes I mean my display cycles. I do not like that. I try to only put the 4 most important things on my main display.

Lasse likes this.
  4. Ditto

Ditto Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2018

New version of the Application hit Itunes today:
    app.PNG

Be102 likes this.
  5. fragit

fragit Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

Are you able to use this app to run a doser 2? I would like to be able to run one pump backwards as an auto feeder.

6. Ditto

@fragit Yes now with the updated app I am able to control my doser.

7. WWIII

WWIII Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble updating the wifi firmware in order to get ghl connect to work. When I type in my ip in browser it asks for user name and password. I enter admin with the password listed in gcc, but still no luck? Anyone else have this problem, solution?

8. MrMichael

MrMichael Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

FWIW. Bitdefender flags it as well. I posted this on GHL's forum, but not R2R.

9. Ditto

I asssisted a user on Thursday without any issues I PM @WWIII

10. MrMichael

MrMichael Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I believe the password is case-sensitive, so if you're missing a capital 'S' that might be the issue.

11. Ditto

@MrMichael you are 100% correct it the password is case sensitive.

12. WWIII

WWIII Well-Known Member

Hey, just got back home. Thanks for the ideas so far. I definitely have the user name and password correct. Even the capital S.

It took me a while to get it connected to wifi and all that, as I have 0 network knowledge. I'm good as far as gcc and myghl connected. Just trying to get this last step done for the app. I need to update wifi fw I'm pretty sure, so stuck with that. I may try to do the onlinw updater tool?

13. WWIII

WWIII Well-Known Member

Got the wifi fw updated using the wifi updater tool download. Not sure why the other method was giving me trouble, but now good to go on all platforms!

Thanks for the tips and suggestions, sure it won't be my last time stuck on something!

Screenshot_20171202-141017.png

14. fragit

fragit Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

My Doser 2 will not connect. I get a message saying firm ware needs to be updated to firmware 124. I can’t figure out how to update the firm ware. I have all apple products and have never been able to connect the doser to myGHL. Any help would be appreciated.

15. Ditto

Below is a video:

Sorry saw you have all apple products, you would need a windows vm on your macbook to run the gcc desktop software.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017 at 11:47 AM
  16. txreefer

txreefer Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

I am about to purchase the Profilux 4 and the new Doser. Can I use the app on a tablet as a display similar to Neptune’s apex or is the touch still a better option ?

17. WWIII

WWIII Well-Known Member

Yes you can use a tablet as a display. Also have a ton of options for control through the app. Your dashboard you can make however you want. The only thing is I have experienced occasionally where it disconnects, but it tells you if it has happened and very easy to reconnect. It hasn't happened here lately, so maybe it was just something they were working out? I bought a amazon tablet for $30 that I plan to use on my display currently with the new app. I also have the touch, but it is in my basement next to the sump. I like the touch "manual mode" for quick switching of the outlets. This however can be done with the app as well. Would be sweet if they added outlet "buttons" for the dashboard on the app, but it's only a matter of clicking 2 things to get to it.

Full disclosure I've only had a profilux for a little over a week, so I'm still getting familiar with the whole interface.

txreefer likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted