GHL KH Director KH control settings...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Laith
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Can anyone tell me what’s wrong here? I have had this thing for 6 mo the and it’s been nothing but trouble.
 
Have you bought as new or used? This was an issue with some units when 2.1 was released a couple of years ago

The blue plastic broke down and block the pump. Can be fixed by removing the blue cover and take away all broken plastic but best is to mount a new cover. Make a ticket with GHL. You can do it here

Sincerely Lasse
 
Sorry to bring up this old thread again but I’m having a little trouble setting up the khd control settings. My first question is do you really need to test 4-6 times a day to use this function? question 2 how would you set it up if this was your dosing schedule 13ml. 13 times a day so 1ml. Per dose (ESV 2 part), any help would be appreciated.
thank you.
 
Sorry to bring up this old thread again but I’m having a little trouble setting up the khd control settings. My first question is do you really need to test 4-6 times a day to use this function? question 2 how would you set it up if this was your dosing schedule 13ml. 13 times a day so 1ml. Per dose (ESV 2 part), any help would be appreciated.
thank you.
Hi:
Q1: you do not need to test so many times. However, the more you test the more accurate control will be. In my case I test 3 times per day and I'm happy with the accuracy.
Q2: I dose 84 mL/day, and I do it as you say. 1 mL, 84 times per day. The more doses per day, the more you avoid alkalinity peaks. In my case I dose the new two part designed by Randy H-F, which includes NaOH for alkalinity. Concentrated NaOH quickly increases the pH, so if you reduce the amount per dose and increase the number of times you dose you also reduce pH peaks.
 
Hi:
Q1: you do not need to test so many times. However, the more you test the more accurate control will be. In my case I test 3 times per day and I'm happy with the accuracy.
Q2: I dose 84 mL/day, and I do it as you say. 1 mL, 84 times per day. The more doses per day, the more you avoid alkalinity peaks. In my case I dose the new two part designed by Randy H-F, which includes NaOH for alkalinity. Concentrated NaOH quickly increases the pH, so if you reduce the amount per dose and increase the number of times you dose you also reduce pH peaks.
How did you set up control in the app?
 
How did you set up control in the app?
Adaptive mode
Set the pump number you want to react (the pump that doses alkalinity)
Volume change: 35%
Limit for raise KH: 100%
Limit for lower KH: 100%

However you may play and select the volumes that suit better your needs
 
Adaptive mode
Set the pump number you want to react (the pump that doses alkalinity)
Volume change: 35%
Limit for raise KH: 100%
Limit for lower KH: 100%

However you may play and select the volumes that suit better your needs
thanks for the info:) i'm going to try this to see how this works for me
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new