GHL KH Director KH control settings...

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you bought as new or used? This was an issue with some units when 2.1 was released a couple of years ago

The blue plastic broke down and block the pump. Can be fixed by removing the blue cover and take away all broken plastic but best is to mount a new cover. Make a ticket with GHL. You can do it here

Sincerely Lasse

Mike1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to bring up this old thread again but I’m having a little trouble setting up the khd control settings. My first question is do you really need to test 4-6 times a day to use this function? question 2 how would you set it up if this was your dosing schedule 13ml. 13 times a day so 1ml. Per dose (ESV 2 part), any help would be appreciated.
thank you.

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to bring up this old thread again but I’m having a little trouble setting up the khd control settings. My first question is do you really need to test 4-6 times a day to use this function? question 2 how would you set it up if this was your dosing schedule 13ml. 13 times a day so 1ml. Per dose (ESV 2 part), any help would be appreciated.
thank you.
Hi:
Q1: you do not need to test so many times. However, the more you test the more accurate control will be. In my case I test 3 times per day and I'm happy with the accuracy.
Q2: I dose 84 mL/day, and I do it as you say. 1 mL, 84 times per day. The more doses per day, the more you avoid alkalinity peaks. In my case I dose the new two part designed by Randy H-F, which includes NaOH for alkalinity. Concentrated NaOH quickly increases the pH, so if you reduce the amount per dose and increase the number of times you dose you also reduce pH peaks.

Mike1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi:
Q1: you do not need to test so many times. However, the more you test the more accurate control will be. In my case I test 3 times per day and I'm happy with the accuracy.
Q2: I dose 84 mL/day, and I do it as you say. 1 mL, 84 times per day. The more doses per day, the more you avoid alkalinity peaks. In my case I dose the new two part designed by Randy H-F, which includes NaOH for alkalinity. Concentrated NaOH quickly increases the pH, so if you reduce the amount per dose and increase the number of times you dose you also reduce pH peaks.
How did you set up control in the app?

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you set up control in the app?
Adaptive mode
Set the pump number you want to react (the pump that doses alkalinity)
Volume change: 35%
Limit for raise KH: 100%
Limit for lower KH: 100%

However you may play and select the volumes that suit better your needs

Mike1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adaptive mode
Set the pump number you want to react (the pump that doses alkalinity)
Volume change: 35%
Limit for raise KH: 100%
Limit for lower KH: 100%

However you may play and select the volumes that suit better your needs
thanks for the info:) i'm going to try this to see how this works for me

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back