GHL Optical Sensors - Calling On Experts...

Aquius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am loving my new Profilux and want to start automating EVERYTHING(!!!), but the sensors are rather expensive ($75!!!). I am pretty good at building my own cable harnesses and soldering, but I am uncertain about the voltage requirements/pinout/DIY compatability.

Or a cheaper suitable substitute is already available and I am barking up the wrong tree...

Thanks in advance...

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really do get a very nice optical sensor for the money with GHL. I have some Vertex optical sensors, they work with the profilux, and I do know the pinouts (would have to look them up). The quality difference is night and day though between the 2 sensors. I threw my vertex ones in a drawer and have only been using the GHL ones. The sensor is larger/more robust, the sheathing is much larger and sealed better as well. I will try to find the pinouts later when I get home and post them if you want to try and build some, but imo the GHL branded ones are worth it! I really don't want a failure with one of these if I can help it.

OP
OP
Aquius

Aquius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I am not doubting the quality... I was just hoping to try a defray the cost a little. For ATO programming, maybe AWC, the costs add up rather quickly.

Aaronreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I am not doubting the quality... I was just hoping to try a defray the cost a little. For ATO programming, maybe AWC, the costs add up rather quickly.
Did you ever get the pin out for them?

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been wondering the exact same question today to connect an AutoAqua skimmer sensor.

@Vinny@GHLUSA Could you please give us a bit of DIY wisdom regarding wiring and voltage?

memphissfinest

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering this as well. I have 5 Autoaqua optical level sensors I would like to re-purpose if possible. I prefer to use these sensors simply because of the magnetic feature. It's very handy.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back