GHL Profilux 4 is this a game changing controller

cbear44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much Ed! Friday is fine.

The Pros of the system vs competition seem reasonable and the price is competitive The only cons I could see would be interface related as it's a bit of an unknown at this time. It's nice to have competition in this space (and in such a pretty box as well!)

My 180 is getting filled soon so I have time to prepare and wait!

-Carey

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cbear44

You asked for the graphs. Here is one example from the web interface. First picture show the whole graph and the other show some of the Days. There is also a possibility through the GCC to save all measure data in text file. You can easy export this file to Excel (or other spread sheets). The profilux 3.x has a capacity of 8192 different points. You can save this data to a file – and next time you save – you can append to the first file.

Screen Shot 11-02-16 at 06.58 PM.PNG

Screen Shot 11-02-16 at 07.00 PM.PNG

Sincerely Lasse

rockworm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video[emoji844] much appreciated [emoji844]
I have been using profilux for around 6 yrs. I have 2 of the power bars and 3 of the old V1 dosers. These things are bullet proof and very easy to program. I will guarantee you cannot go wrong. The new V4 Profilux is now on my want list because thw new value added inclusons are worth the price.

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL Control Center is compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 10. There is no Mac version available. The use of Windows software with “Parallels” is possible.

Why???????? :(

Does anyone with a GHL controller use their Mac with this system?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you watch my video above. [emoji3] You will see I am using boot camp to run GCC on my MacBook Pro. I am using VMware Fusion.

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you watch my video above. [emoji3] You will see I am using boot camp to run GCC on my MacBook Pro. I am using VMware Fusion.

I watched the video but you were speaking a different language :D Maybe it wouldn't be too complicated once I sit down with it and play with all the different settings.
I'll have to check out the boot camp software...Didn't know I could run windows on my Mac. Ever since I got my Macbook Pro,I haven't wanted anything to do with windows software anymore lol.

Thank you very much Ed

cbear44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any advice on the touch vs the apps? I'll be placing the profilux in my basement with the sump for the sensors and the tank is on the main floor. I was planning on using the app/web interface for controlling pumps when upstairs. But is it a better idea to have the touch upstairs by the tank?

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any advice on the touch vs the apps? I'll be placing the profilux in my basement with the sump for the sensors and the tank is on the main floor. I was planning on using the app/web interface for controlling pumps when upstairs. But is it a better idea to have the touch upstairs by the tank?

If your house is as tall as mine ! Yes[emoji844] but u must think that u must not have to n be walking around with an iPAD ! It must always be acceptable.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used both Parallels and Bootcamp on my mac. I much preferred bootcamp.
But now I picked up a little PC tablet/netbook with USB for like $120 on Amazon that comes with a full version of Windows 10. Can't beat that.

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used both Parallels and Bootcamp on my mac. I much preferred bootcamp.
But now I picked up a little PC tablet/netbook with USB for like $120 on Amazon that comes with a full version of Windows 10. Can't beat that.

I decided to go with VMware Fusion 8 which I'm guessing is like using Parallels. One click of an icon and Windows is up and running without logging in or out of anything. Painless....I like it. I'm ready for the GHL Profilux 4 now. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back