GHL ProfiLux Controller (4/4e) – Quick Tutorial – How to Configure Notifications/Alert Sending

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I read your original post completely wrong. Sorry no, It needs to go through the GHL servers. You could email support and see if they have any other options.
Thank You Sir! Appreciate your input & your thread about the swap-over!:))

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good post. I wish when I was trying to figure it out years ago that I had something like this to reference. I use to use the email SMS system with my Aquatronica controller and it worked most of the time but people should know that with some of these carriers can have a lag time of anywhere from a minute to sometimes an hour and sometimes the messages go into a black hole ;Dead . Due to this I eventually just got an SMS module for my controller and added a Sim chip to it. Since adding that to my system I always get alert messages within seconds. I see that Profilux sells one and it is pretty expensive but I can tell you from experience that if you want a bullet proof alert message system, this is the way to get it.
Profilux SMS

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still can't get the email to work. Using Gmail account and the setup won't even let me save the password - is there a character number limit ?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 93 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back