Push Notifications are here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Gaël - do you happen to have an ETA when this push notification functionality will be made available to Profilux 3 units?

Thanks

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Gaël - do you happen to have an ETA when this push notification functionality will be made available to Profilux 3 units?

Thanks
Hi,
As this need a specific Firmware update and as priority is at IOND production this may only be after all IOND pre-orders delivered.
But this is only my opinion, not GHL.

Gaël

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
As this need a specific Firmware update and as priority is at IOND production this may only be after all IOND pre-orders delivered.
But this is only my opinion, not GHL.

Gaël
I'll take you're guess, but unless IOND isn't working (and needs a firmware update) I don't see why/how this would hold up anything (unless the guy that writes Firmware also sits on the Production line).

Anyway, time will tell

Da_Neefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1634571701388.png

The long awaited push notification feature is finally here and ready for prime time. With this new feature you can customize which notifications to receive during alarms, warning events and more. If an alarm is triggered at any moment, the notification will be sent directly to any mobile device which has the GHL Connect app installed.

How to use this new feature:
Make sure your GHL device (starting with ProfiLux 4) is running on the newest firmware along with the newest version of GHL Connect app (3.15.3). Once that is done, you can enable the feature in the app settings page. Next, in the app, press the blue gear icon belonging to your myGHL device connection and enable push notifications for that device. You can now connect to your GHL device however you wish and go to the NETWORK page to configure which notifications to receive.

Combine email and push notifications for the ultimate experience
The more ways your GHL device can reach you, the better Use both features to stay more connected to your aquarium than ever before.

Push notifications will continue to evolve
What we’ve released is not everything that will be offered. Push notifications will be an ever evolving feature that will further expand the way you interact with your aquarium. We have big plans in store (displaying actual sensor values, etc.) and we can’t wait to share it with you!

1634571734513.jpeg
Push notifcations view.jpg
myGHL dev push notif activate.jpg
Push notification settings.jpg

NOTE:
Support questions for this beta-release will be handled only via the ticket system or GHL support forum.

Google Gmail shuts down 3rd party app access in May 2022. The version of the app required for push notifications is not available in the Google Play store. The version that is there is 3.15.21. Will the required app version be available prior to gmail shutting down 3rd party app access?

EDIT: Apparently this app version is good to go with the firmware update. Enabled it. No clue if it works yet

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back