GHL ProfiLux4 owners

Scale of 1-10, How do you like your GHL controller set up? (10’s the best)

• Total voters

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping someone could help me with something. I am creating three maintenance programs. All of which depending on what I'm doing will shut off different things but one device night be the same across all three. I see when I go into the socket it only lets me select one maintenance option. So how do I get the device to shut that socket off for all three maintenance programs.

Also when setting up feed pause you use the same section in the socket so how would I go about applying feed pauses and maintenance programs for one socket

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used reef keeper for 3 years, Alex for 6 years now am on ghl.
I rate it a solid 10, I never seen a conteoller that is packed with functions ad the P4. Cost less, take less space and just soild build.

Absolut 10. Love my p4.

Last edited:

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ajhudson15
Check out the P4 resource guide. It shows you how to set up multiple maintenance modes and feed pauses all to a single outlet. :)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need 3 program logic. :

The First one is the program Logic for the first Maintenance Mode and then we tie it to the next one: (pay Attention to the Invert)
AD4AB3A7-9492-4B70-85A9-C7AB3F7FA94F.png

In this Program Logic we set second Maintenance and then tie it to the next program Logic:

AEE27A9B-5AE8-4030-8627-DF530AE14A0E.png

Which in the last one we program the third maintenance with the filter mode (Feed Mode):

086E4A83-CAA8-4E89-B519-1757AEEDAD4D.png

Now that the 3 Program Logic we need to assign the first one onto the Switch Channel, for me which where I started at program logic 24.
BAC3287D-3F7B-496A-A341-ADAAF41E204A.png

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need 3 program logic. :

The First one is the program Logic for the first Maintenance Mode and then we tie it to the next one: (pay Attention to the Invert)
AD4AB3A7-9492-4B70-85A9-C7AB3F7FA94F.png

In this Program Logic we set second Maintenance and then tie it to the next program Logic:

AEE27A9B-5AE8-4030-8627-DF530AE14A0E.png

Which in the last one we program the third maintenance with the filter mode (Feed Mode):

086E4A83-CAA8-4E89-B519-1757AEEDAD4D.png

Now that the 3 Program Logic we need to assign the first one onto the Switch Channel, for me which where I started at program logic 24.
BAC3287D-3F7B-496A-A341-ADAAF41E204A.png

Hope this helps :)
Man you are doing so luch for this community is amazing. Tip of the hat for you ditto.

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man you are doing so luch for this community is amazing. Tip of the hat for you ditto.
Yes ditto has been a great help for me setting up my new device. Also Vinny was messaging me from the support email on a Sunday. Outstanding service so far

Mistahbrock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched from Neptune Apex
as I wanted the integrated light solution from their mitras LED bar and I am very happy about it.

however, as a OS X user, I miss the GHL
control center on this platform.

furthermore I find both the GCC and the App, android as well as IOS versions both buggy and times grotesquely slow so my verdict on GHL profilux 4 is this :

Nice hardware, the company could use some high end coders to clean and update their code, to get the software in line with the hardware.

Brock

Sandbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% for sure, and not just pumps lights also, or anything you can control normally on a 1-10V controlled connection.

Currently I am controlling on the 1-10V connections
Tunze Pumps
Royal Exclusive Pump
Kessil Lights
GHL Breeze

Here a a video of the breakout box in action being used for a Kessil light.

What I am testing now:
T5 Dimming ballast

I'm about to purchase the controller today or tomorrow. Do I need to get the GHL Interface Adapter for Red Dragon to control my return pump? Thank you

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to purchase the controller today or tomorrow. Do I need to get the GHL Interface Adapter for Red Dragon to control my return pump? Thank you
As far as I know the Red Dragon needs the adaptor to accept the 1-10v control properly, yes. Red Dragon makes separate adaptors for Apex and GHL so make sure to get the right one.

turfster26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched from Neptune Apex
as I wanted the integrated light solution from their mitras LED bar and I am very happy about it.

however, as a OS X user, I miss the GHL
control center on this platform.

furthermore I find both the GCC and the App, android as well as IOS versions both buggy and times grotesquely slow so my verdict on GHL profilux 4 is this :

Nice hardware, the company could use some high end coders to clean and update their code, to get the software in line with the hardware.

Brock
Brock. I agree 100%. Absolutely love my Profilux and all of GHL equipment for that matter (had them for several years now). BUT they do need to cleanup their interface and apps, etc. for smoother operation.

With that said, I've had very few issues with it operating all my equipment, which I find paramount to be confident to operating my overall system.

turfster26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no GHL expert, but I run both my RD return pump and my RD skimmer pump directly from my GHL powerbars with no added adapters. HTH

Sandbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this post! I finally was able to purchase one!! I’m waiting on the doser to arrive before I set it up :). Thank you for all the great information. I have a feeling I will need help through out the process.

TigerReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vortech controller module only supports the MP10. MP40 and MP60 and not the Vectra pumps.

Other pumps can be controlled via the 1-10’port if they have one through the GHL Breakout box.

Hope that clears things up :)
Hello @Ditto - is this still the case regarding GHL Vortech Controller not able to control Vectra pumps? I got all 4 of my MP40s connected, but not my Vectra L2.

Back