Giant marine hermit crab.

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2011
Messages
1,310
Reaction score
103
Location
Industry, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So recently i saw some vids of hermit crabs on YouTube and it made me want to get one like when i was a kid. Then i was looking around on reefcleaners.org to prep for me clean up crew refresh and i saw giant marine hermits. This kind of got the wheels on my brain turning. Why not get a giant marine hermit instead of the regular old land hermit. I already keep a well established reef. I've been keeping reptiles, amphibians, crabs, etc for years. So i though this would be a neat twist on the regular old hermit crab tank. And no, i don't plan on putting it on my reef. I will setup a dedicated tank and upgrade the size as needed. How sweet would that be to have a massive hermit crab in a 55 gallon down the road when it gets huge? Anyhow i was just wondering if anyone had tried or had any thoughts about my idea. Thanks.
 
That seems like it would be cool and I have never seen one. I am not sure of any drawbacks.
 
Bump
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new