Gift

Rocky2234

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My birthday is coming up and my girl friend wants to give me a gift ($50). I am just starting to acquire equipment for a red sea e-260 step up I am thinking about getting come Feb. My question is what should I get?

Gordon Cashmore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that will be a sweet tank. Personally I'd wait until a month or so before you buy all the equipment. Unless you plan on buying all new stuff, I'd make a list of what you want, save money, and spend it all at once and see what's left, buying the important things first. I don't think you will need anything with that tank as far as hardware except a heater?, so My list would be:

Good - Heater
RODI system - having to go to store to get water is a pain. I am much happier making my own.
Good test kit
Quick Start Bacteria to start it up - ie Instant Ocean BIO-Spira or similar
All Aquascape rocks - spend the next few months figuring out what to scape with then look for deals on craigslist/local shops/swaps/people shutting theirs down etc.
Buckets for making and changing water - Home Depots are more sturdy and tops better IMO
Fishes
Corals
Guns to rob banks to pay for all the costs and future expenses.....ha.

OP
OP
R

Rocky2234

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that will be a sweet tank. Personally I'd wait until a month or so before you buy all the equipment. Unless you plan on buying all new stuff, I'd make a list of what you want, save money, and spend it all at once and see what's left, buying the important things first. I don't think you will need anything with that tank as far as hardware except a heater?, so My list would be:

Good - Heater
RODI system - having to go to store to get water is a pain. I am much happier making my own.
Good test kit
All Aquascape rocks - spend the next few months figuring out what to scape with then look for deals on craigslist/local shops/swaps/people shutting theirs down etc.
Buckets for making and changing water - Home Depots are more sturdy and tops better IMO
Fishes
Corals
Thanks Gordon, you are a funny guy and a real nice person to boot.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Good - Heater
Good test kit
Fishes
Corals

This is a good list. Hauling around rocks won't be fun when you move, but spending money on salt and live rock are my absolute least favorite parts about this hobby. $50 would let you get a good collection of tests kits going, Salifert kits are pretty inexpensive on Amazon.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back