Gigantea VS Aiptasia

lemonade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever had issues with Aiptasia stinging their gigs? I recently found a nice small gig and thought I would put it in my display. The issue is that there's some aips around where the gig settled in and it seems to keep some of the tentacles retracted closer to where the aipastia are. Wasn't sure if it was just coincidence or if they really are bothering the gig. I can move it to my nem tank only issue is now its got its foot tucked into a large rock with other corals. I thought about trying to hit some of the Aiptasia with kalk but I don't want to bother the gig too much. I would've thought the gig could over power the Aiptasia but maybe not?

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think maybe the problem is that your gigantea is not acclimated to your the tank, and is not entirely healthy yet. I would leave it alone and not move it. Watch it incase you need to move to quarantine for treatment.

Any pics of the gig and your nem only tank?

OP
OP
L

lemonade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went in with some tweezers shortly after I posted this and plucked out the aips that seemed to be a problem. Gig already look much better. I don't think this one will need treatment, at least I'm hoping not. Seems otherwise healthy and eats blended meats well.
IMG_2974.jpg

OP
OP
L

lemonade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the Gig. Doing very well, moved it’s foot onto a smaller rock so I was able to isolate it from some of the aipsatia and mojanos. Zoox filing in more and getting some orange, greens, and purple colors

My Spotcinctus Clowns would like it to grow faster
FACA6FE7-FEF7-40A8-B278-D2FD8922DA85.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back