GIVEAWAY - Robo-Tank Hardware for reef-pi

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the world's greatest giveaway. :D ;Woot :eek:

This is exclusive to R2R, it's open worldwide you can only win it here.

The prize is a fully assembled Robo-Tank aquarium controller that runs on the reef-pi software, it has a value of $170 USD, you get what's in the image below.

To be entered to win all you need to do is click the blue "Like" button on this post. Giveaway will run until 11:59 pm on Sunday August 16, 2020.

CAM01429-Optimized.jpg

In reality you're actually winning a bill, you need to buy a Raspberry Pi, some cables and a 12v DC power supply, I don't have these as they are easy to get and keeps shipping costs down. This is what you'll need to make this functional.
  • Raspberry Pi Zero WH, Pi 3 or Pi 4 with microSD card.
  • 12v DC power supply rated between 3-10 amps. Connects via 2.1mm x 5.5mm barrel connector or screw terminal connector, it powers controller and Pi.
  • Standard USB-A male to male cable, this connects the small optical sensor extension.
  • Straight through 9 pin DB9 male to female serial cable, this connects the AC power bar to controller.
  • AC power cord, this is the same power cord a desktop computer uses, has an IEC-320 plug, this powers the AC power bar.
The AC power bar is compatible with 120v-240v, if you're in another country you can use outlet adapters if you so desire, if it's not needed I would appreciate you letting me know as there's no point sending it.

Please note this is shipping from Canada, if you are international you will be responsible for any tax or custom fees that your country may charge you, I will clearly mark it as a gift but that doesn't mean much so be prepared to have to pay something. There are no charges when it enters the United States. In the event I'm unable to ship to you I will draw another name. Winner will be posted here and I will contact via PM.

You can search the web for Robo-Tank to get details about the controller and I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

Controller comes in 3D printed case, multiple colors to choose from.

Thanks for participating and good luck!

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First let me say that Rob's customer service and knowledge is first class, the best I've ever experienced. Rob has helped me through my mistakes numerous times well past 1am. Being patient and guiding me through self inflicted issues.

Second, this controller is awesome, clean, with tons of expandability. It can do far more than I'll ever need. And the reef pi program has tons of customization and a very supportive group.

OP
OP
robsworld78

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First let me say that Rob's customer service and knowledge is first class, the best I've ever experienced. Rob has helped me through my mistakes numerous times well past 1am. Being patient and guiding me through self inflicted issues.

Second, this controller is awesome, clean, with tons of expandability. It can do far more than I'll ever need. And the reef pi program has tons of customization and a very supportive group.

Thanks for the kind words, really appreciate it!

That’s cool? where can I learn more about Robo-Tank besides the huge reef pi thread"

As @stefanm mentioned I have a website you get info on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
robsworld78

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck everyone.

I think for the draw I'm going to put all names in bowl, I'll post a short crappy video unless someone has better idea?

Yov

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short Crappy video is fine i think! XD I already use the Robo tank and can confirm it is a very neat board! It can do more than i wil ever use and Rob is first class! When you ask anything he reply's within a day (sorry for the extra pressure i put on your sholders now XD) but mostly it is not even that long! ;)

I definitely could use a second board for some side projects!

Ow yes!
Next to the power supply and the rasberry pi you wil also buy exta temp sensors and more... XD

Back