Giving back

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be nice if there was a way that us new members could give back to the people who helped us. There's certain people for all of us who have answered our questions and went above and beyond to help us through this crazy hobby. I'd like to challenge the moderators on here to create a gift function for the sponsors on this site. Maybe a $5 here or $20 there that could be gifted to people who really help us out. This way for all of us who feel indebted to someone can give a little back without having to ask any personal info. What do you guys/gals think?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jekyl

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, and I try. Just thought it would be something nice. No expectations

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @flooddc Paying it forward is really the best way of paying it back. We do have some things in place to reward those that go the extra mile. The Excellence award is a great example and those that receive it get a free supporters membership for one year. I think that's a great way to show those who go that extra mile that there efforts here are much appreciated. For me helping someone out in and of itself is rewarding enough. Watching and helping a new reefer succeed is always awesome. Not to mention the added bonus of potentially saving some fish along the way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jekyl

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new and a research junkie. I get to the point where I feel bad with all the questions I have for people. Was just thought that would help me feel a little better for my hounding lol

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new and a research junkie. I get to the point where I feel bad with all the questions I have for people. Was just thought that would help me feel a little better for my hounding lol

Nah. You're family here and that's what family is for, not to mention your thought of such a kind gesture shows how much you appreciate whoever has helped with a question you or others may have been helped with. :)

OP
OP
Jekyl

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I brought this topic up exactly for all of you who have responded so far. We all know how generous you are and wouldn't ask for anything in return. That's exactly why it would be nice to do something for all of you in return.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you didn’t ask questions this would be a really boring forum.:)

I like likes if that makes sense. I get super excited with a simple like on a post wether I am right or off the mark. And if. Am off the mark, I learned from the post and all is good.
upload_2019-3-13_19-14-29.gif

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.0%
Back