Giving up was never an option.

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are just so cute I had to post 2 more images. They immediately took to the Sebae Anemone, although now only one is allowed in at a time. Heteractis crispa is a natural host for Pink Skunks, that probably played a part. Also the Sebae is fine example of an Anemone that also displays bubble tips at times.

The last Sebae I kept was back in 1998. In doing my research recently on Sebae vendors often commented that this anemone acclimates better and over all does better in the presence clowns.

This can be a tricky anemone. Research suggested creating a shallow gully surrounded on three side by rocks, place anemone in a depression and turn off flow (for a short time) to facilitate attachment. Sand should be made up of mostly a finer grain mixed with a small amount of course sand.

0420180554b_HDR.jpg

0420180554_HDR.jpg
I may end up a copy cat after seeing this! I love it :) great pictures.

OP
OP
Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an observation.

The Sebae Anemone has long tentacles when the lights are out, once I turn on the MH 250 wtts it bubbles right up. The anemone is also taking on that cream coloration typical of a Sebae.

anemonebubbleapril28.jpg

iemsparticus

The Addiction is Real
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an observation.

The Sebae Anemone has long tentacles when the lights are out, once I turn on the MH 250 wtts it bubbles right up. The anemone is also taking on that cream coloration typical of a Sebae.

anemonebubbleapril28.jpg
You’re really making me want an anemone is my tank... but I already have a ton of SPS in there, and would be worried about them getting stepped on.

Looking great!

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tahoe61 are the skunk clowns as nasty as regular clowns? I was thinking about getting a pair but I will never get a fish that will attack me if my hands are in the tank. Most clowns are just plain mean... ;)

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an observation.

anemonebubbleapril28.jpg
I love the purple tips!

iemsparticus

The Addiction is Real
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tahoe61 are the skunk clowns as nasty as regular clowns? I was thinking about getting a pair but I will never get a fish that will attack me if my hands are in the tank. Most clowns are just plain mean... ;)
I’m sure it is one of those things that very from fish to fish, but my Perc pair has never done this to me... they are super friendly.

They haven’t spawned yet though, so... who knows.

OP
OP
Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re really making me want an anemone is my tank... but I already have a ton of SPS in there, and would be worried about them getting stepped on.

Looking great!

Thank you.

Keep your sps safe and avoid anemones, unless you have more of mixed reef. Dreams of my anemones walking about into my sps kept me up at night.

:)

Much mellower.

After decades of having territorial clowns that bite I swore I was not going to repeat that. They took to the Sebae the minute it was out of the bag. I really like Skunks but I know they are not as showy as designer clowns.

I love the purple tips!

Thank you,

Hopefully the purple tips remain. I know the anemone will become less white and more cream or tan colored though.

:)

OP
OP
Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello [USR=20891]@Tahoe61[/USER]

Are you enjoying your Hamilton MH lighting?

Every once in a great while you buy something in this hobby and it did not cost an arm and leg and works well, that would be this light. I would like a Phoenix bulb better, but for the light and ballast and the bulb you can not beat the price and performance.

Love the nem and clowns, looking good. :)

Thank you. :)

OP
OP
Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible story. Glad you're back on track.

Interesting on the "soft cycle" as I have never heard of this before.

I am surprised.

Back when you used to get real quality LR if you wanted to preserve the biodiversity you had to run a soft cycle to avoid ammonia spikes.

I am enjoying the tank with all the fish. Noticed a thread were the hobbyist added the food to the return pump to dispense the food in a more natural manner. This method works great and less waste.

The contrast of color looks Great!

As usual it's the pastel colors that I like.

A pair of Picassos would have been my next choice..but the Skunks are mellow.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just came across this thread, happy to see you getting back into the swing of things! Love the progression so far and excited to see where it goes! :)

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tahoe61 hi Cheryl. I just found this thread by hunting for you. I am thrilled to see that you started another tank and I pray all is well with you and your family. You visited my thread in its early stages and offered words of encouragement that I quite enjoyed. Please update if you can. I would love to see some more of Tahoe61 on R2R. I always enjoy your comments.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tahoe61 hi Cheryl. I just found this thread by hunting for you. I am thrilled to see that you started another tank and I pray all is well with you and your family. You visited my thread in its early stages and offered words of encouragement that I quite enjoyed. Please update if you can. I would love to see some more of Tahoe61 on R2R. I always enjoy your comments.

+1 ^^^

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back