Global Warming, Where do you stand? Poll

Is global warming/climate change real and happening?

• Yes

Votes: 253 74.6%
  • No

Votes: 86 25.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You give the answer the government wants you to give. It is called brainwashing. Are you really trying to say that since supposedly 97% of scientists believe this that there is a 97% chance it is true? Really that is probably the least scientific explanation in this entire thread. And where are you getting that the 3% are uneducated? A lot of them were in the 97% camp, saw the data, and decided to follow their conscience.

If you truly think like you say you think, why not dedicate your life to making the Earth a better place for the children? Start living a minimal lifestyle and donate all extra cash to the climate-change industry.

I havent said that 3% is uneducated - there do you get that from? But you clearly say that 97 % oft them are brainwashed :)

You mean like this guy https://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/jul/29/climate-change-sceptics-change-mind And if you read the article - you can see who funded him.

Please give me data of a Global Goverment Plot that brainwash 97 % of the climate scientist of the World. and you can give some example of this also "A lot of them were in the 97% camp, saw the data, and decided to follow their conscience."

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not miss one important thing - its the future that’s need computing - the past we know about. Two thing we know about the past I have repeated many times – and I will repeat them in mostly every post till some show them wrong. The consensus of 97 % bases on this facts and that the change is man made – the consensus is not about any computer based theory. It will change all the time partly because of action already taken and future action – and really hope that the prognoses will be wrong because off the actions that will be taken.

The facts are - A 25 % rise of atmospheric content of CO2 since 1950. A rise of the temperature with 1.5 degee C the last 150 years and the rising is correlated with the rise of CO2.

Till 1950 there is analysis of the C12 content that shows a correlation with fossil carbon. After 1950 – the method can´t be used because of nuclear testing. However – analysis of other C isotopes show the same pattern as C12 did before 1950. The rise is strongly indicated to be man made.

About scientist and their loyalty. I do not know you age but during my lifetime – it has been many fights there the consensus in the scientific world much lower than in this subject.

If you think that it’s the government that grant all scientist – you’re wrong. In Sweden – its mostly the scientific world itself that chose who should have the money. The government give much of the money to the institutions but can´t in any way chose which researcher get the grands. They can say – this money is to climate research – that all – but they can´t order a special result.

In the US – I think its private funds, industry and private persons that is the majority of funders. Please correct me if I´m wrong – I do not know so much about the academic world in the US

You maybe should look at the scientific battle about tobacco and cancer – I can see many similarities here. Someone mention the smog problem in California that not exist so much nowadays (at least he wrote that) - was it regulations or Mother Nature that solve that problem? The lead problem (not a problem as all some people stated) – what solve that problem. The acid rain – consensus – not – solved – yes partly – by what – regulations.

Sweden is known for its forest industry – also known for problems with organic chlorines (pulp industries) and mercury in fish (also pulp industries) partly solved.

A friend of mine was among the authors of the first articles/books that show the pathways for the bacterial production of methyl mercury from other forms of mercury coming from man´s use of mercury. Consensus – you kidding – I will more name it a cat fight. You must understand that 97 % consensus in the scientific world means – it has never happen before – and it will never happens in the future either. And you should read the old book “Silent Spring” and try to follow the scientific debacle that followed that book. Yes I use the wrong word – by purpose :)

And you do not know me and you accuse me for following the stream. I have literary the sentence “only dead fishes follows the stream” tattooed over my forehead, At my former job – I was known to say “It does not matter if 1000 persons has the wrong solution – it’s still wrong.” And stand up for it – maybe that’s the reason for the word “former” :).

And you can clearly see in my build thread that I´m not so much of stream following guy.

But I can by myself see when things are wrong or right and also judge if the 97 % is wrong or not. In this case – the facts is overwhelming. So for once in my life – I follow the 97 % (I’m so old so there will be very few chances that it will happen again)

And have you think of one thing - Should I be wrong and you right - nothing happens and I should be very glad - but on the other hand If your are wrong and I´m right.......... .........

It will however not be a problem for me - I am probably dead and buried before 2040
(and when you have to handle my carbon also because we use cremation in Sweden :)

Sincerly Lasse

Last edited:

Neal Korlak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Netflix documentary Chasing Coral, which you have probably heard about or already watched shows the effects of global warming and climate change on our planet. While many scientists and others are on board with this, there are still some doubters as there always will be. So, where do you stand on this topic? Is climate change/global warming real? Or simply a hoax? Or just a cycle that our planet is currently going through? Vote and discuss!

Do you know that they just discovered a new reef? New species?? I watched it live..

These are the same ones that tell people that the world is ending.. they do not know and this movie is not a documentary.. it is a one sided show to put fear into the population.. is there truth to it?? Yes of course.. but I ask you.. what happens when you put an anemone in the wrong spot? It moves..

These folks that say that they speak the truth about the planet.. are the same ones that in the 70's told a massive lie about the oil reserves being depleted..

To follow blindly one becomes blind..!!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No politics on this forum, please. For the very reason you're exemplifying.

Last edited by a moderator:

victorcan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this may come as a shock but our planet has been freezing and thawing for billions of years, man is a spec on the face of this planet and will not be here forever. Space Travel is the only way of continuing our species existence.. Is the sea warming ? Is it from man ? Why does no one bring up the Tsunami that killed over 2500,000 people and shifted the earths axis by 1 degree, what do you think will have when hundreds of thousands of square miles of the ocean are now getting more light than previous and for the same token the other side less. Its gonna mess stuff up ecologically... But no it must be the v8 Truck or SUV thats killing the planet.. Its almost a joke, but the ol **** tube says it and some guys that are heavily vested in "Green Energy" (that by the way doubles the carbon footprint vs the savings when being manufactured) prosper from it, it must be true?

twreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If mankind can create global warming, it will save us. As the Earth left to its own devices has shown it is at the top of its natural recurring cycle, and will eventually return to another ice age. Al Gore's bogus movie showed this itself, until he switched to using graduated charts, which most people don't understand.

As for "global warming" or "climate change", it is nothing but a plan to separate fools from their money.

kattz

Old surfer dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a week I'm 52 years old. I finished college a year ago. Military service came first. In this post, I am referring directly to global warming only. It is purely cyclical as most data shows. That data is pushed down in favor of more catastrophic models because there's money to be made in catastrophe.

I took two meteorology courses in college. They were the hardest classes I had to take. Both of my professors, when questioned intently regarding global warming, said the same thing - complete fabrication and hoax. Another panic to make money off of -their words, not mine.

There are man-caused microclimates such as the environmental pollution in China where people can't breathe and have to carry around oxygen with them. We are responsible for those types of things.

There's an interesting book that was part of my thesis research - "Unstoppable Global Warming: Every 1,500 Years, Updated and Expanded Edition". Comes with a CD with reams and reams of ice core data and deep core soil sample data here.

We are the pimple on the elephant's butt of global environmental change.

Kev

JEREMY82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look I just came back from palau and I know for a fact, cause I know what I seen with my own eyes, reefs are in trouble. Damage already done in my eyes. Too much waste daily dumped into oceans, not enough ppl recycle and so on. This pic was took with in the last 3 wks.

20170630_002642.jpg

N4sty T4te

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kind of skimmed through this, the general consensus I'm seeing is that everyone at the very least agrees man has "accelerated" the warming effect.

Here's the thing on my end. I like analogies so I'll use one here. And correlate this to our tanks.

If I have a few snails die that go unnoticed in all likelihood the system is going to balance itself out. It's going to take some time. But the rate of decay will be met with growing bacteria populations to accommodate. This is the natural order. Nature corrects slowly over time.

Now I'd I take the same tank and start putting straight ammonia into the system and "accelerate" this decomposition. It's extremely likely, even inevitable that on a long enough timeline of doing this the ecosystem will crash.

We are throwing the system out of balance too quickly for nature to fix itself.

So will the planet be ok? Maybe? Our ability to adapt and survive in any condition is unparrallelled with our technology. But we're in this till everything is gone. We'll end up the only species left eating artificially made food out of aluminum foil pouches.

Grey Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Netflix documentary Chasing Coral, which you have probably heard about or already watched shows the effects of global warming and climate change on our planet. While many scientists and others are on board with this, there are still some doubters as there always will be. So, where do you stand on this topic? Is climate change/global warming real? Or simply a hoax? Or just a cycle that our planet is currently going through? Vote and discuss!
Why there is global warming is something to debate, but the fact that the gl;obe is warming is obvious. Ice doesn't melt because it's cold.

markfmvl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When something is based on emotion and not science then what? Co2 is an essential element in the ecosystem of the planet. There is a carbon cycle just as much as there is a water cycle. Fresh water begins in the ocean evaporates from the sea and as clouds goes to land an falls as rain under the right circumstances. The amount of water on the planet hasn't changed and yet the cry of drought or flood is heard. What of carbon? Well I don't believe that quantity has changed much either. It has always been here in one form or another. The level of co2 in the atmosphere has increased, however not to the level for optimal plant growth. Those who grow in green houses actively pump co2 in to those green houses to improve plant growth. If you are really worried about it plant a tree. They are really great at storing carbon in the form of wood.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look I just came back from palau and I know for a fact, cause I know what I seen with my own eyes, reefs are in trouble. Damage already done in my eyes. Too much waste daily dumped into oceans, not enough ppl recycle and so on. This pic was took with in the last 3 wks.

20170630_002642.jpg

I like what you are writing but dislike what I seeing in your Picture

Sincerely Lasse

psidriven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My view is regardless if GW is human caused or not, isn't taking care of the planet by polluting less, using less, caring more a good thing? So no matter where you stand in the debate, which I feel is utterly pointless now, I feel humans should take a planet first, human second view.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are man-caused microclimates such as the environmental pollution in China where people can't breathe and have to carry around oxygen with them. We are responsible for those types of things.

Kev

And the reason for that pollution - could it be coal and oil?

Sincerely Lasse

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back