Gluing corals to rock, please help

Brandonn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it Safe to use gel superglue to glue corals to live rock?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Standard superglue, I'm not sure, I always bought it from a LFS to make sure it was reef safe.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely. It's the best way in my opinion. From my limited experience, it's best to turn off all flow when you apply the glue. Apply some to the spot where you want to put the frag, and some on the frag itself. Whenever I can, I remove the frag from the plug using a razor blade and glue the frag right to the rock. If you have urchins or large snails, you should probably glue them down really well. Voice of experience.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it Safe to use gel superglue to glue corals to live rock?
Make sure it’s reef safe glue. Cyanoacrylate is definitely reef safe. I like to apply a dab to the base of the coral and place in the tank water for a few seconds until it builds its shell. Then gently place onto the rock. Dries immediately.

OP
OP
B

Brandonn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure it’s reef safe glue. Cyanoacrylate is definitely reef safe. I like to apply a dab to the base of the coral and place in the tank water for a few seconds until it builds its shell. Then gently place onto the rock. Dries immediately.

BFD66762-2BD6-48E4-80C6-286CA7D26B73.jpeg

OP
OP
B

Brandonn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I know that my gsp is positioned towards the top because that’s where he is happy , when he’s glued, and grows like crazy , how much would I prune when needed so he doesn’t get too stressed? He’s on top of my caves

2B18B359-8287-4286-841A-F86924D8C324.jpeg

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd isolate the GSP on it's own rock island. They grow like weeds and spread really fast and you'll be constantly trimming it back from spreading to the other corals. I have mine on a rock near the back corner not touching anything and it's still able to spread to the back glass that I need to remove mats of it when it gets out of control.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 88 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back