Goby disappeared?

William Spak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all... here’s the scoop,

I was movin around some rocks today- re arranging the aquascape and I moved the rock where my diamond goby resided- and I wondered why he wasn’t there...

So, I flipped over the rock to find like 15 bristle worms in the nooks and crannys of the rock... kind of like when you flip a rock over in the woods and there’s a ton of worms hanging off of it.

I had then realized he’d been missing for a couple days... I’m starting to wonder if all of those bristle worms took him down... because that’s where he lived.

This was very upsetting because we had an original goby that died after a year and a half... then we got another one that died in one week, and now we have one that died in two weeks:(.

Just looking for thoughts/opinions.

Thanks everyone!
Will

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk about your awal goby but i bought a glass bristle worm trap off ebay or amazon few yrs back, works good

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets not loose hope. I did exactly what you did 2 months ago. Since I redid the rock where my fire fish lived I had not seen him. I was worried because he is 8 years old.

Guess who popped out yesterday.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check under other rocks. My pistol shrimp has a main area to hang out in but I’ve seen her move. Perhaps he saw you coming and scooted to another hidey hole

OP
OP
William Spak

William Spak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check under other rocks. My pistol shrimp has a main area to hang out in but I’ve seen her move. Perhaps he saw you coming and scooted to another hidey hole
I suppose he could be under another rock... I have a pistol shrimp/watchman pair under one rock, and a royal gramma under another... idk how many other rocks he could be under, but maybe :)

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They always rebuild lol. I had a power head fall earlier and blow sand all around. After I moved everything back got it all situated, he was out of his holes and moving sand around to his liking.
I bet you could almost hear the cussing!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I want to be as positive as possible but I will say this. They are good hiders but once you move rock, they come out in the open. if it hasn't.. . . .. There are two possibilities:
A) Look in overflow and in the sump if you have both
B) In my case, twice I have had missing gobies and although they are bottom dwellers, they both after extensive search were found dried up on the floor.

I hope sump is the answer.

OP
OP
William Spak

William Spak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to be as positive as possible but I will say this. They are good hiders but once you move rock, they come out in the open. if it hasn't.. . . .. There are two possibilities:
A) Look in overflow and in the sump if you have both
B) In my case, twice I have had missing gobies and although they are bottom dwellers, they both after extensive search were found dried up on the floor.

I hope sump is the answer.
Don’t have a sump... and I have an egg crate lid. Let’s hope he’s just chilling somewhere

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Same here !!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back