OP
OP
scooter24

scooter24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think this is related to water quality. The goby is very thin, more than it should be if it just went off food recently. I think that even though it was eating up to recently, there was some malabsorption problem. The two common ones are internal worms or Mycobacterium. Neither can be resolved once a fish gets this thin - sorry.
Jay
Yeah im not real familiar with parasites and stuff. These fish were all QT so im not sure how he got a a parasites. I tried to do things right to avoid parasites and issues like this.

DrZoidburg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyano is actually a combo of algae and bacteria giving it
It is classified as a bacteria, but can get energy through photosynthesis using photosynthetic pigments.
ammonia-nitrate-phos are elevated
They can live off of a lot more things than this. How do you know its phosphate a test result was never given.
Diet- Inadequate
Inadequate for an internal creature and fish.
get constipated
It wouldn't be this skinny.
Yeah im not real familiar with parasites and stuff. These fish were all QT so im not sure how he got a a parasites. I tried to do things right to avoid parasites and issues like this.
Could of had this the whole time. Common qt not 100% in getting rid of internal stuff.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It is classified as a bacteria, but can get energy through photosynthesis using photosynthetic pigments.

They can live off of a lot more things than this. How do you know its phosphate a test result was never given.

Inadequate for an internal creature and fish.

It wouldn't be this skinny.

Could of had this the whole time. Common qt not 100% in getting rid of internal stuff.
Most common causes and obvious present from the amount of film in tank and how quick it returns and how else do I know. . . Been doing this 36 years and NEVER ever have this because I control my nutrients.
Diet- Omega one-bloodworms-mysis does not furnish this carnivore who is a sand sifter enough meats, fatty acids and omegas to thrive hence its thin body. Mine gets shrimp, krill, mussel and plankton to supply its needs for meaty foods and will certainly scavenge for other foods like copepods and brine shrimp.
This fish is obviously starving why it is thin despite being fed

Last edited:

FIN&BONEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most common causes and obvious present from the amount of film in tank and how else do I know. . . Been doing this 36 years and NEVER ever have this because I control my nutrients.
Diet- Omega one-bloodworms-mysis does not furnish this carnivore wh is a sand sifter enough meats, fatty acids and omegas to thrive hence its thin body. Mine gets shrimp, krill, mussel and plankton to supply its needs for meaty foods and will certainly scavenge for other foods like copepods and brine shrimp.
Because its dying from the inside out SMARTY PANTS.

OP
OP
scooter24

scooter24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most common causes and obvious present from the amount of film in tank and how else do I know. . . Been doing this 36 years and NEVER ever have this because I control my nutrients.
Diet- Omega one-bloodworms-mysis does not furnish this carnivore wh is a sand sifter enough meats, fatty acids and omegas to thrive hence its thin body. Mine gets shrimp, krill, mussel and plankton to supply its needs for meaty foods and will certainly scavenge for other foods like copepods and brine shrimp.
The film only get bad towards the end of the week when I don't clean the Glass but during the water change I get most off the rock and sand bed. But it's just what's left is what I'm struggling with. This is after my water change
Pictures make it look even worse than what it is
20211129_210819.jpg

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might be too late for this guy but I would say try a different food to see if you can entice him to eat. I know bloodworms and mysis were said to be of no nutritional value but at this point you just need him to eat. I have fed my freshwater gobies these and they're still going strong after three years (and they are beefy). I feed my saltwater guys the same food. I only recently started adding Selcon to the food for both of my tanks (FW and SW). I also feed frozen krill and I have pods that get phyto in my SW tank. You can also buy gut loaded frozen food for more nutrition if that's a concern. It is possible he has internal parasites in which case there might be nothing that can be done at this point. I hope that's not the case.

FIN&BONEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to lay off feeding. If it is a bacterial infection or a gill disorder feeding will only hurt the little guy more. That fish even in his condition can live days without food. Give him 2 or 3 days keeping a close eye.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mycobacterium is found in every aquarium - it just takes hold of a fish if its resistance is way down, like in older fish. Worm parasites would have had to have come in with the fish, so less likely to be an issue after a long period.

Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back