Goby with jaw and face deterioration

Cope07

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Location
Blairsville
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up and saw my little goby has a bad infection in the face/jaw area. I have her in quarantin and have started her on antibiotics. This however is my first sick fish and want any advice I can get. I am trying to feed her little pieces of brine shrimp but will not eat, I imagine there is probably a lot of pain, so what should I do to feed her? How long do I keep her quarantined? She is in a small gallon tank with a bubble filter and heater and looks quite happy. Has anyone ever had their little fish recover? Any insight or experiences would be appreciated.

20210322_110709.jpg
 
In which sometimes they do, did this fish get caught in the powerhead? D
Was this gradual or sudden ?
 
rlly hope she pulls through
 
id just make sure you treat with antibiotics, what are you using? try to get a bigger tank. $1 per gallon sale at petco is good. $10 for a 10 gallon. this will rlly be a help. this way u can keep it in there and monitor it. a gallon with a bubbler and heater will probably be more stressful for the fish.
 
I woke up and saw my little goby has a bad infection in the face/jaw area. I have her in quarantin and have started her on antibiotics. This however is my first sick fish and want any advice I can get. I am trying to feed her little pieces of brine shrimp but will not eat, I imagine there is probably a lot of pain, so what should I do to feed her? How long do I keep her quarantined? She is in a small gallon tank with a bubble filter and heater and looks quite happy. Has anyone ever had their little fish recover? Any insight or experiences would be appreciated.

20210322_110709.jpg
I see this fairly often with this group of gobies - not sure of the cause. What antibiotic are you using?

Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new