gonewild34 75 gallon

gonewild34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just some updated pics of starting the tank all over after loosing everything i thought i would post some pics
P2030198.jpg

P2030196.jpg

P2030192.jpg

P2030191.jpg

conbreds 3g mummy eye
P2030189.jpg

P2030185.jpg

P2030186.jpg

P2030200.jpg

MimicOcto8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow love the rock work! you running a sump? got any pictures of it? what kind of light are you using. they look like MH. whats the small colony of the green and orange? looks like a faded mummy eye

OP
OP
gonewild34

gonewild34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes they are 150 de mh the mummy eye i just got from coralmania it his mummy eye and here is a pic of the sump i built
004-4.jpg

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh oh...another chalice lover. haha. Those colonies look great, and I like the sectioned off tub you are using for a sump.

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to bring up a negative time, but what happened when you lost everything? Glad to see you got back on the horse and got the tank running again. Looking good.

OP
OP
gonewild34

gonewild34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i had a 3 foot by 2 foot frag tank plumbed into this sump i have 210 different chalices and you know what they say when something is workin dont change it but i did i changed salts (it was a new salt that came out) and i lost everything and at the time i couldnt figure out what happened and i whent to a local swap meet and was talkin to someone and the same thing happen to them and the changed to this salt also so i went back to instant ocean and evrything whent back to normal but i lost all but 3 pieces

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good im digging the sump. Also all of those chalices man im jealous I have really been wanting some chalices but all the ones i like are like 200 an eye and i just can't see myself paying that not yet at least. is your sump plumbed into another room or whats going on there?

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i had a 3 foot by 2 foot frag tank plumbed into this sump i have 210 different chalices and you know what they say when something is workin dont change it but i did i changed salts (it was a new salt that came out) and i lost everything and at the time i couldnt figure out what happened and i whent to a local swap meet and was talkin to someone and the same thing happen to them and the changed to this salt also so i went back to instant ocean and evrything whent back to normal but i lost all but 3 pieces

Wow, that's crazy. I've never heard of a tank crash due to a salt change. You mind if I ask what salt you switched to? You can take it to pm if you don't feel like listing it here. Very sorry to hear. As a fellow chalice collector, I would be heartbroken. Sorry to hear that man!

OP
OP
gonewild34

gonewild34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes it is plummed into a storage room my wife hateded hearing the pump under the tank so she let me drill holes in wall so i could put the sump on the other side

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I have my sump in the garage, with the display in the basement living area. Makes it so much easier to work on when you have open space for a sump area.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that frag tank looks sick i love it, may i ask what sate you live in just curious if your close or not.

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that's crazy. I've never heard of a tank crash due to a salt change. You mind if I ask what salt you switched to? You can take it to pm if you don't feel like listing it here. Very sorry to hear. As a fellow chalice collector, I would be heartbroken. Sorry to hear that man!

+1 What kind of salt was it? If I had to guess I would say tropic marin(actif);) Very nice tank, love the chalices.

OP
OP
gonewild34

gonewild34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
m and m i live in allentown pa i think im like an hour or so away from u i would not rather say on here what kind of salt i dont know if it is aloud i should of never swithed u live and learn in this hobby but with the great poeple on hear i should just listen to the experts

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
m and m i live in allentown pa i think im like an hour or so away from u i would not rather say on here what kind of salt i dont know if it is aloud i should of never swithed u live and learn in this hobby but with the great poeple on hear i should just listen to the experts

Probably a good call...even though I asked....lol. Thanks for taking the high road man. Classy : ) And great job on the frag tank build! Very nice.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back