Goni Care -

jgabbsxx

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2023
Messages
133
Reaction score
90
Location
Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I wanted to see if anyone swears by certain tips/tricks on keeping Goni's. I've had a few Goni's in my tank and they have all succumbed after a few months. I know they are very finicky with flow and lighting as well.

If anyone has any recommendations or things that you have found work well for Goni's it would be really appreciated!
 
Hi!

I wanted to see if anyone swears by certain tips/tricks on keeping Goni's. I've had a few Goni's in my tank and they have all succumbed after a few months. I know they are very finicky with flow and lighting as well.

If anyone has any recommendations or things that you have found work well for Goni's it would be really appreciated!
Honestly, manganese. If you can only dose one thing then let it be manganese, it’s the absolute best thing for gonis. Mine thrive with it being dosed 3x a week.
 
Placement of the Gonipora on an outcropping where they can get a good amount of flow seems to really make a difference. I occasionally does maganese as this appears to get consumed out of my typical All For Reef dosing below the recommended spec.
 
Hmm . I don’t dose with Manganese separately . I Do the usual 2 part Alk/Cal and dose with Magnesium several times a week. Plus kz 4 part reef dosing system and aminos. I definitely think the Red Sea AB + that I’ve been using helps as well.
 
Some people will also say a specific amount of flow/lighting but if I’m honest, goniopora are incredibly adaptable - I mean, I have one in 80-100 PAR and my main 9 are in 3-400 PAR. Here’s one that is in 3-400.
AA8D785D-025F-4ECA-82E0-B616642EECAA.jpeg
 
Honestly, manganese. If you can only dose one thing then let it be manganese, it’s the absolute best thing for gonis. Mine thrive with it being dosed 3x a week.
I have not dosed it separately, but it’s an ingredient listed in the ChaetoGro I dose for my refugium and the Halimeda in my display. Maybe that’s why my Goni’s have been doing so well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new