Goniopora care article

Discussion in 'General LPS Discussion' started by dcom, Aug 29, 2017.

1. dcom

dcom Active Member

Ferrell, jenny23 and cody2cannon like this.

2. zachxlutz

zachxlutz 120 Gallons of FUN R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Thanks for posting the article... I'd love to add some nice Gonis to my system.

3. Tuffyyyyy

Tuffyyyyy Valuable Member

Good timing of the article! Saw a lot of nice Gonis at MACNA. Picked up a pink one for myself.

4. davhalt

davhalt Member

I read this article before purchasing my Gonis. Been using goniopower and reef chili two to three times a week and drop in some rotifers about once a month. I already have significant growth on all my frags in about six weeks. Wouldn't have known to use this type of supplement without this article[​IMG][​IMG]

jenny23 likes this.
  5. PedroYoung

PedroYoung Valuable Member Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Me too, got the hot pink from @WWC

Tuffyyyyy likes this.
  6. bpinkstaff

bpinkstaff Active Member

Guys need some advise just moved this guy down last night I have tried every other level in tank. He’s been in tank for 3 months. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated [​IMG]

7. DracoKat

DracoKat Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I love my goni's! My oldest one is over a year old in my tank now.

Got a few smaller ones too.

They are very slow growing IME. I don't spot feed them (ok, maybe like once every other month), but I do put coral food in the fish food mix and broadcast feed daily.

21317912_10214889923830115_7205836186757695908_n.jpg 16299167_10212329587863316_7068521089364183274_n.jpg

8. John3

John3 Well-Known Member

Bpink, do you get any polyp extension? Ive had a similar small frag for about 4 months. I have it pretty high up under a Radion led. It has good polyp extension but has had no growth that I can tell. I havent been target feeding it much and from reading the posted article it seems like these like to be fed 3-5 times a week. I’m gonna give that a try and see what happens.

9. bpinkstaff

bpinkstaff Active Member

The first month then just chillin like it is now puffs up when I feed roids and plankton. Have not target fed any Corals yet

10. John3

John3 Well-Known Member

If it puffs up and extends when you feed Roids it sounds like it’s hungry. Once you get the polyps extended try feeding it some roids directly from a turkey baster. I didn’t realize this type of coral needs more direct feeding. I’m gonna try feeding it more and see if I get some growth.

11. Charlie brown

Charlie brown Member

I have a pink lemonade goniopora it was doing fine fully extending when I got it a couple months ago like in Feb I think but lately it hasn't been fully extending out and i'm not sure why I moved it to the middle and it didn't do any better so just wondering if it's bad if it doesn't fully extend and before there that's your water perimeters start they are all where they need to be just want to know if it's ok if they don't fully extend it should I be worried

Draft saved Draft deleted