Goniopora coral sulking

  • Thread starter Thread starter Britott
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Britott

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2014
Messages
38
Reaction score
23
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys and gals, I have a goniopora coral that I have had for around 6months now, It's doing well but on occasion it can sulk for a few days, is this normal for this coral, I have heard that they can be quite hard too keep and was hoping for maybe any success stories, what worked for you as placement, flow, lighting etc, I've been feeding reef roids which it seems too love and on occasion frozen Cyclops.
Any thoughts would be great guys.
 
Hi guys and gals, I have a goniopora coral that I have had for around 6months now, It's doing well but on occasion it can sulk for a few days, is this normal for this coral, I have heard that they can be quite hard too keep and was hoping for maybe any success stories, what worked for you as placement, flow, lighting etc, I've been feeding reef roids which it seems too love and on occasion frozen Cyclops.
Any thoughts would be great guys.
Could you better define what you mean by "sulking"? That would be subjective otherwise.
 
Only partly extending, just heads showing, like I said this isn't all the time just occasionally, next time it does it I will take a picture.
 
This is a photo of it sulking
5c4d92ba105064fd6b27f5f179711824.jpg
 
Will send a picture of when it seems happy and extended next time he's happy lol
 
I've always found gonis to be more sensitive to alkalinity than other lps. If you have any alk swings they will usually let you know. It should recover as long as your parameters are stable
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new