Goniopora coral sulking

Britott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys and gals, I have a goniopora coral that I have had for around 6months now, It's doing well but on occasion it can sulk for a few days, is this normal for this coral, I have heard that they can be quite hard too keep and was hoping for maybe any success stories, what worked for you as placement, flow, lighting etc, I've been feeding reef roids which it seems too love and on occasion frozen Cyclops.
Any thoughts would be great guys.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys and gals, I have a goniopora coral that I have had for around 6months now, It's doing well but on occasion it can sulk for a few days, is this normal for this coral, I have heard that they can be quite hard too keep and was hoping for maybe any success stories, what worked for you as placement, flow, lighting etc, I've been feeding reef roids which it seems too love and on occasion frozen Cyclops.
Any thoughts would be great guys.
Could you better define what you mean by "sulking"? That would be subjective otherwise.

OP
OP
B

Britott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only partly extending, just heads showing, like I said this isn't all the time just occasionally, next time it does it I will take a picture.

OP
OP
B

Britott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a photo of it sulking
5c4d92ba105064fd6b27f5f179711824.jpg

OP
OP
B

Britott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will send a picture of when it seems happy and extended next time he's happy lol

ZachR32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always found gonis to be more sensitive to alkalinity than other lps. If you have any alk swings they will usually let you know. It should recover as long as your parameters are stable

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back