Goniopra stinging another Goniopora

Thawman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Long time since posting, constant reader!

Looking for some advice.

I have had 2 Goniopora for some time now, they always played nice together, no problems at all (pink and white with green mouth in photo). Yesterday I added a new Goni along side the first 2.

Everything was good until today when I noticed my very first Goni was all closed up. I presume it was due to the new Goni (bright green in photo) stining it. It has now been closed up completely, can't even see the bright green mouths for the last couple hours, despite having moved them apart.

The green Goni was only next to the white one for about an hour before it closed up.

Is there a chance that it was stung and may not recover? Is it just mad and will take time to open again? Is there something I should do to help the white Goni? Really don't want to lose my first Goni due to inexperience with compatibilities!

I'm quite upset with myself, thought that all Gonis would play nice together....learned the hard way I guess.

Thank you for any input!!

20200517_152125.jpg

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anything is possible. My guess is that you're closed Goni is just really unhappy right now. With time it should open up again

OP
OP
Thawman

Thawman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anything is possible. My guess is that you're closed Goni is just really unhappy right now. With time it should open up again
My fingers are crossed, he was one of my favorites!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back