Goniopra stinging another Goniopora

Thawman

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2018
Messages
86
Reaction score
28
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Long time since posting, constant reader!

Looking for some advice.

I have had 2 Goniopora for some time now, they always played nice together, no problems at all (pink and white with green mouth in photo). Yesterday I added a new Goni along side the first 2.

Everything was good until today when I noticed my very first Goni was all closed up. I presume it was due to the new Goni (bright green in photo) stining it. It has now been closed up completely, can't even see the bright green mouths for the last couple hours, despite having moved them apart.

The green Goni was only next to the white one for about an hour before it closed up.

Is there a chance that it was stung and may not recover? Is it just mad and will take time to open again? Is there something I should do to help the white Goni? Really don't want to lose my first Goni due to inexperience with compatibilities!

I'm quite upset with myself, thought that all Gonis would play nice together....learned the hard way I guess.

Thank you for any input!!

20200517_152125.jpg
 
anything is possible. My guess is that you're closed Goni is just really unhappy right now. With time it should open up again
 
anything is possible. My guess is that you're closed Goni is just really unhappy right now. With time it should open up again
My fingers are crossed, he was one of my favorites!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new