Good Bye ICP Analysis

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing going out of business dude. Guy who said it is nothing but a troll. Taking about Bertram.

ICP was a never a good company
I would hesitate calling somebody a "troll" because they offered an opinion (well founded or not) that disagrees with your view or information. To that end, unless you have better information, then your opinion on their status is no more informed than his hearsay is.

In the end, I don't see a need for anybody here to be attacking anybody else. Until we hear otherwise ICP Analysis appears to be closing their doors and any BRS talk is just useless conjecture one way or the other.

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Companies planning to file don't generally make such info readily known. Likely few at the company would know although many might suspect it and how often rumors flow. Perhaps those suspecting spoke as if they knew.

Last edited:

|sCRIBe|

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I question my ICP results many times over the years since using it to test my reef, tap and rodi. Not sure how accurate the results always are. Results are only as good as the cleaning and calibration of the equipment.

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
x

Last edited:

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing going out of business dude. Guy who said it is nothing but a troll. Taking about Bertram.

ICP was a never a good company
Ouch bro, look at my Build thread definitely not a troll, super lover over here of that entire company.
I was merely echoing the words of my friend who owns the local fish store that I’ve been shopping at for over a decade.

I just thought somehow it was related.
Looking at other threads, I probably should’ve posted this on the macna one that I didn’t see…oh well, not gonna be spreading this any further just gonna wait and see.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unsubstantiated post and subsequent posts quoting it have been removed.

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troll may be the wrong word to use but based on the follow up posts it was posted in poor judgement. It is second or third hand speculation if that.

It is like Louis in Ant-Man talking about the tip. So and so is working as a housekeeper, she is dating this dude, Carlos who lives across the bay. She tells him about this dude that she is cleaning for who is a big shot CEO that is retired now but loaded. Carlos and Ernesto are on the same softball team and they get talking. Carlos says Yo man, company A is going to file chapter 11...
lol exactly, sorry guys I just thought it was somewhat related from what I just heard from my LFS, thought maybe more people knew more about this than than what I looked up, clearly nothing is out there on this, and I hope well and what my LFS was told was speculation because I love that whole company.

I’m very certain my LFS told me about this because Im familiar with businesses in general as I work for a law/tax firm that develops structures with LLCs corporations, foundations, and trusts of all kinds.

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe this is my chance at getting my water tested for the first time since tank was set up.
Whos got the deal? Lol

DaJMasta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could ICP-MS retire OES being it supposedly gets more granular and this being nothing more than progress changing consumption?
I would have thought, it's got a much higher sensitivity so seems much better suited to true trace elements. Apparently it won't be here, though.

I had bought two test kits in their last sale and they included some swag with it, apparently they knew it would need to be offloaded.

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the email today as well. Such a shame!
IMG_8781.png

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex will still work without fusion. Just have to remote into your home network and directly connect to it. It will still operate as programmed as well.
Sure if you set it up that way and have the password and everything…. I’m willing to bet most don’t ever since fusion became a thing.

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure that you download and save any test records you may have on your account with ICP. No telling when they will pull the plug. I assume that it will be online long enough to distribute test results over the next couple of weeks, but I doubt that it will stay online for long after that.

Tony Thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As there is two threads I will copy this here too. Specifically for UK and EU reefers using the service through Tropical Marine Centre.

UPDATE just in posted on TMC company FB.

"Notice of Change in ICP-MS Service
Life often brings unexpected challenges. As you may know, we recently introduced an exciting ICPMS testing service through our partnership with ICP Analysis, led by Steve Visser. Over the past few years, Steve's extensive knowledge of water chemistry and his dedication to advancing industry standards have been invaluable.
He has been a pivotal figure in enhancing the reliability and quality of water chemistry support. Regrettably, due to health concerns, Steve must now step back from his professional responsibilities to focus on his recovery and we want to ensure we support him in this endeavour. With this development, ICP Analysis will close its doors.
We have been overwhelmed by the amount of interest and support in our first month of launch. We know there is a significant amount of tests out there.
What This Means for You:
• Sample Processing: Any samples received at TMC until early July will be processed as usual. We are committed to ensuring that all test kits sold in the UK and European markets are used effectively and meet your expectations.
• Continued Testing: We have arranged with ICP Analysis to continue processing tests during this period. If you have purchased test kits, please ensure that your samples are sent in promptly to receive results.
• Product Use Deadline: Please use your test kits before the end of June and send them to us as normal. Product Recall:
• After August: Should you still have any unused test kits after August, we will initiate a recall of unsold products and provide refunds to retailers. Hobbyists may return their kits to the original place of purchase for a refund when this period commences.
We extend our best wishes to Steve for a swift and full recovery. His contributions have significantly advanced our understanding of water chemistry in aquatics, and we are grateful for his dedication to the industry.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this transition and ..... please keep an eye out for future developments from TMC and its partners in this area."

Brian Schaff
CEO - Tropical Marine Centre

Tony Thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For any UK and EU based aquarists. ICP-MS and ICP-OES service may still available through OCEAMO direct in the EU and Reefquest in the UK.

Reefquest UK also supply moonshiners elements. Ask your LFS for details.

As a plus note Dr. Christoph Denk of Oceamo has in my experience been very open and supportive to those enquiring about the service provided.

Can @Christoph please confirm the service is still available in the UK? for oceamo through reef quest.?

Christoph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For any UK and EU based aquarists. ICP-MS and ICP-OES service may still available through OCEAMO direct in the EU and Reefquest in the UK.

Reefquest UK also supply moonshiners elements. Ask your LFS for details.

As a plus note Dr. Christoph Denk of Oceamo has in my experience been very open and supportive to those enquiring about the service provided.

Can @Christoph please confirm the service is still available in the UK? for oceamo through reef quest.?

Sure, Oceamo ICP-MS and other lab testing services are available

in the US via Reef Moonshiner
in the UK via ReefQuest
In the EU via your LFS and directly from us
all other areas: also directly from us

Since there is a health problem behind this company shutdown id like to wish a quick and full recovery!

all the best,
Christoph

Tony Thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, Oceamo ICP-MS and other lab testing services are available

in the US via Reef Moonshiner
in the UK via ReefQuest
In the EU via your LFS and directly from us
all other areas: also directly from us

Since there is a health problem behind this company shutdown id like to wish a quick and full recovery!

all the best,
Christoph
Thanks Christoph, just thought I would make sure. As it would seem a lot of UK Reefers may not be aware of your service. Especially ICP-Mass Spec.

Vielen Danke

I also share your best wishes to all those at ICP Analysis.

SpyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With many salt brands icp testing batches and tossing the results on the box, I wonder what they will do now.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 13.1%
Back