Good Bye ICP Analysis

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With many salt brands icp testing batches and tossing the results on the box, I wonder what they will do now.

Who is the "they" in your sentence? Salt companies?

There are many companies offering ICP services, and really big ones may do it themselves.

captainsmitty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just for clarification, this is the product that will be discontinued???
Thanks for helping me be clear.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just for clarification, this is the product that will be discontinued???
Thanks for helping me be clear.
ICP-Analysis the company, not the product.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But wouldn't this render there product useless??
No, each individual company that does ICP performs their own testing, just this company will be closing after July 10th.

So if you have any of their tests make sure they are delivered to them prior to the 10th.

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As there is two threads I will copy this here too. Specifically for UK and EU reefers using the service through Tropical Marine Centre.

UPDATE just in posted on TMC company FB.

"Notice of Change in ICP-MS Service
Life often brings unexpected challenges. As you may know, we recently introduced an exciting ICPMS testing service through our partnership with ICP Analysis, led by Steve Visser. Over the past few years, Steve's extensive knowledge of water chemistry and his dedication to advancing industry standards have been invaluable.
He has been a pivotal figure in enhancing the reliability and quality of water chemistry support. Regrettably, due to health concerns, Steve must now step back from his professional responsibilities to focus on his recovery and we want to ensure we support him in this endeavour. With this development, ICP Analysis will close its doors.
We have been overwhelmed by the amount of interest and support in our first month of launch. We know there is a significant amount of tests out there.
What This Means for You:
• Sample Processing: Any samples received at TMC until early July will be processed as usual. We are committed to ensuring that all test kits sold in the UK and European markets are used effectively and meet your expectations.
• Continued Testing: We have arranged with ICP Analysis to continue processing tests during this period. If you have purchased test kits, please ensure that your samples are sent in promptly to receive results.
• Product Use Deadline: Please use your test kits before the end of June and send them to us as normal. Product Recall:
After August: Should you still have any unused test kits after August, we will initiate a recall of unsold products and provide refunds to retailers. Hobbyists may return their kits to the original place of purchase for a refund when this period commences.
We extend our best wishes to Steve for a swift and full recovery. His contributions have significantly advanced our understanding of water chemistry in aquatics, and we are grateful for his dedication to the industry.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this transition and ..... please keep an eye out for future developments from TMC and its partners in this area."

Brian Schaff
CEO - Tropical Marine Centre
Seems some misinformed not realizing unused tests will be refunded.

DaJMasta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems some misinformed not realizing unused tests will be refunded.
It could be that TMC is doing this on its own and not ICP Analysis - I don't really know how the breakdown/agreement works, but because ICP Analysis hasn't said it about their products, I wouldn't assume that they would be offering the same. Hopefully they can clarify that, the information has been pretty sparse.

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be that TMC is doing this on its own and not ICP Analysis - I don't really know how the breakdown/agreement works, but because ICP Analysis hasn't said it about their products, I wouldn't assume that they would be offering the same. Hopefully they can clarify that, the information has been pretty sparse.
That's a good point and perhaps those with more then one or two tests might want to reach out to where bought for clarification. Can't see a company pulling the rug and not returning funds for that not used. At a minimum, the retailers would likely rather avoid the bad taste their customers might have. Longevity in any industry based on customer support unless you're a monopoly or duopoly.

Tony Thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TMC is a wholesaler (trade accounts only) so the contract is between them and the retail store .

If you purchase direct from the source (ICP Analysis) then you would need to check with them for refund policy.
I have no idea what consumer rights are in the USA, but here in the UK and EU you are well protected. You also have extra protection for online sales.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A stroll down memory lane...

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer that I recently bought a 6 pack... Anyone in MA want to do some testing before they close? My nano is well established and I don't really test and my big tank that I bought these for isnt wet yet.
If you can’t get rid of them, I’d take one. I’m in FL. I will pay for shipping if it’s reasonable.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

lol that was amazing to read

How did they ever last this long?

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol that was amazing to read

How did they ever last this long?
No kidding! I had never seen that thread and just read through all 9 pages. Man that made my day.

I guess I should feel good I started with ATI for my ICP testing. Besides one sample getting lost in the mail, I've had great experiences

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reading this thread was like watching clowns die in a car fire on the side of a highway, you sort of feel bad but you can't look away . . .

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just....wow....

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.3%
Back