Good Evening Reef2Reef. I am new here

CoralFreak_350

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I have been a member since March of 2014 and since then I really have never posted anything but some classifieds but I have read a lot. I currently doubt my reef keeping skills because I have had a lot of setbacks and not a lot of success and this is why I have never posted. I currently have a Coralife BioCube 29 Gallon which I originally started about two years ago and now I focus mainly on coral. I really am fascinated with growing and keeping all sorts of coral but that is where the problem lies that I take two steps forward and three steps back. That is the ultimate reason on why I joined Reef2Reef and hope others can help me do better in the reef keeping hobby and I will help when I can. I currently have an upgraded return pump, I run a ReefBreeders Nano Light that hangs over the tank, and a bunch of other things I cant think of right now.
The hobby has been time consuming and of course required lots of money but I spent my 21st birthday setting up the tank so I am committed to it and any sort of success no matter how little is progress that keeps me going.

A little bit about me is that I enjoy the outdoors no matter what it is. I like to fish, golf, canoe, kayak, mountain bike and do some archery as well. My love of archery has taken me to work in a pro shop and has become my life. If you have any questions let me know. My last thought is that I am now happy to be part of Reef2Reef and look forward to getting the best advice around.

Thanks for viewing
-Ben

Attachments

• IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 90

kevinsmixed90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ben, everyone has "setbacks" from time to time. as long as you learn something from them your doing fine. Every arrow you shoot is not a bullseye! but you keep shooting! the picture does not look all that bad although it is dark. use quality test kits and keep water within the proper parameters, keep your lighting at the proper intensity (par meter) and do your regular maintainance and you win! remember this is a hobby and should be something to enjoy and be proud of. hang in there and please ask questions! that's how we learn,:)

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a very nice tank! Don't worry, we all have set backs and we all make mistakes. I have just started to get into archery, have always loved it since childhood but never had my own bow.

OP
OP
CoralFreak_350

CoralFreak_350

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys very much. The setbacks that I have been faced with mainly is my coral loses some of its color within two to three weeks of placing it in the tank. Once this happens it never seems to be back to vibrant no matter what ends up happening. I have tried various salts, lights, supplements and various other things but still it does not get better. I should probably post a thread about this. Where would be the best section to do that? and what information should I include in the post?

OP
OP
CoralFreak_350

CoralFreak_350

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Shep and Kevinsmixed90 for taking a look at my post and commenting with awesome things. I sure do appreciate it

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. :)

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys very much. The setbacks that I have been faced with mainly is my coral loses some of its color within two to three weeks of placing it in the tank. Once this happens it never seems to be back to vibrant no matter what ends up happening. I have tried various salts, lights, supplements and various other things but still it does not get better. I should probably post a thread about this. Where would be the best section to do that? and what information should I include in the post?
New To Saltwater & Reef Aquariums? Post Here Yours tank parameters PO4 NO3 NO2 Amonia Magnesium

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! I would recommend starting a tank thread and update your progress there. This way you can keep track of how your tank is doing and get input from other members as things come up. :)

OP
OP
CoralFreak_350

CoralFreak_350

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for all the replies. KJ I took your advice and posted that question in New to Saltwater and Reef Aquarium under Corals Losing Color. Please if everyone would take a look I would greatly value all opinions. Sorry in advance for it being so long.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 115 35.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back