Good Heater for Fluval 13.5

TylerAquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got everything I need for my 13.5 gallon except for my rock and heater. I'm looking for a heater that can fit inside the filter area. I was going to go with the heater they market for it but the Amazon reviews said they updated it and now it's too big for the tank. Any good heaters I can use?

reefer_evo5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try the aqueon 50w or 100w heater from petco they fit perfectly fine in the chamber where the return pump goes that the one i used when i had this tank a couple months back

OP
OP
T

TylerAquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try the aqueon 50w or 100w heater from petco they fit perfectly fine in the chamber where the return pump goes that the one i used when i had this tank a couple months back
I think im going to get the 100w. Haven't heard many good things about the fluval on reviews. It's preset to 78 which is perfect to me but I'm definitely investing in a digital thermometer just in case. Thank you!

reefer_evo5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think im going to get the 100w. Haven't heard many good things about the fluval on reviews. It's preset to 78 which is perfect to me but I'm definitely investing in a digital thermometer just in case. Thank you!
yea both the 50w and 100w are the same size that why i recommended both but i used the 100w one and it kept the temp at 78 all the time i paired it with a inkbird temp controller as well.

Rico's Reefnecks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an Eheim Jager 50 that fits nicely into chamber 2...or more tightly into chamber 3 with the return pump. In case you were considering it, I had a Jager 100 that is a little too long for chamber 2 - the cord would sort of lift the filtration area cover off the tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back