Good Morning!

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cracker who, what? ooh now see, there is a Cracker barrel at about every intersection & expressway down here in the south, Pretty good traditional southern cooking . Come on down in the spring when the weather isn't too hot Yet . they serve grits & shrimp, sausage gravy over fresh made biscuits. Waffles with fried chicken . omelettes ,fried green tomato & Ocra.Ohh & the fresh fish? very good. Shall I go on? LOL

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning
I got an A on my ICP test and the Cebu Sun is supposed to come today
serveimage

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cracker who, what? ooh now see, there is a Cracker barrel at about every intersection & expressway down here in the south, Pretty good traditional southern cooking . Come on down in the spring when the weather isn't too hot Yet . they serve grits & shrimp, sausage gravy over fresh made biscuits. Waffles with fried chicken . omelettes ,fried green tomato & Ocra.Ohh & the fresh fish? very good. Shall I go on? LOL

Metro Diner!

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. Leaving San Diego today. (Boo hiss)
Tried to sleep in but all heck was breaking loose in My Amish patients population back east today and the phone has been blowing up. Time zone adverse! :)

Wait, the Amish have phones?

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, the Amish have phones?

Well there are about 7 “sects” of which some of the more liberal ones do. But no this community goes to work or a neighbors house and has the neighbor call. They won’t even get on the phone.

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well there are about 7 “sects” of which some of the more liberal ones do. But no this community goes to work or a neighbors house and has the neighbor call. They won’t even get on the phone.

Lancaster PA? They are super nice. My wife and mother in law were shopping 2 months back and a guy was on his phone and rear ended them at 35 when they stopped for a buggy. They came running out with quilts to wrap around them. The patriarch of the family came out and wired everything back together so it could be driven home.

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was thinking in the shower, while I respect their way of life, I am not going to kid myself, it is not for me. Imagine the stable of horses you would need to power a return pump? Imagine the amount of oil lamps you would need to get 150-250 par? The wood fired heat exchanger to control the temp would be so crazy picky, I would be yelling "Maaaah, I done did boiled the fish again!"

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lancaster PA? They are super nice. My wife and mother in law were shopping 2 months back and a guy was on his phone and rear ended them at 35 when they stopped for a buggy. They came running out with quilts to wrap around them. The patriarch of the family came out and wired everything back together so it could be driven home.

I grew up in Pittsburgh so I know that area well and my brother lives out in central PA. But I live in Ky. So this is a much more conservative group than the Lancaster group. Good real people.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was thinking in the shower, while I respect their way of life, I am not going to kid myself, it is not for me. Imagine the stable of horses you would need to power a return pump? Imagine the amount of oil lamps you would need to get 150-250 par? The wood fired heat exchanger to control the temp would be so crazy picky, I would be yelling "Maaaah, I done did boiled the fish again!"

Well first off I must say I never knew anyone else who thought of Amish while in the shower but I often do as That is my problem solving thought time.

Two funny stories ..recently lost electricity for 5 days due to an ice storm this past November. I had an Amish patient call and asked if they could come over to be seen. I asked them to wait a couple of days (it was a routine scheduled survey to remove a finger..routine meaning not emergent) because we had lost our electricity and it would be too hard to see etc. when I got off the phone my family said...you cancelled an Amish patient bc of no electricity ...DAD!

They could power those pumps. They have a large 800 square ft wood shop that is powered by two draft horse standing on a 15 degree incline treadmill outside the shop. Connected to a large fly wheel to a smaller one and so on to a fan belt. It travels under the flor boards and inside they have it hooked up to belt sanders, exhaust fans, drill presses, repeater saws, lathes, etc. an amazing feat of ingenuity and engineering. The horse have a roof over them with a water and feed trough and only have to walk at less then 3mph when they release the brake to run the machine while being used and stops between use.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back