Good Morning!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.
holding down the fort again. Jill is doing thanksgiving dinner for her parents today. Her mom has setteled into the nursing home and things are going better.
Louie, Zoe and Bear are a lot of company. We need to go out and play but the weather is crappy here.
Bear moans at me because he doesnt see it being cold and wet being a problem.
Jeanna got her second vet school interview at Virginia Maryland. She is very excited. I think that is where she wants to go.
After I put up the biopellet reactor I turned the ozone way down. My ORP is the highest I have ever seen it at 392. So I turned it down some more. Sometimes keeping a tank seems like herding cats. It doesn't go where you expect it to.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.
holding down the fort again. Jill is doing thanksgiving dinner for her parents today. Her mom has setteled into the nursing home and things are going better.
Louie, Zoe and Bear are a lot of company. We need to go out and play but the weather is crappy here.
Bear moans at me because he doesnt see it being cold and wet being a problem.
Jeanna got her second vet school interview at Virginia Maryland. She is very excited. I think that is where she wants to go.
After I put up the biopellet reactor I turned the ozone way down. My ORP is the highest I have ever seen it at 392. So I turned it down some more. Sometimes keeping a tank seems like herding cats. It doesn't go where you expect it to.
Congrats to your daughter! My daughter is going to college for pre vet next year. I'm dog sitting this weekend. A Goldendoodle that is bored & restless and wants to go for a walk , but bad weather here too. My old dog is just laying here snoring with his eyes open. He does that a lot. I asked my vet about it and he said dogs have 3 eyelids so they can do that. Who knew!

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning...wife is off to pottery classes so I'm looking at tank maintenance this morning. QT has a lovely green hue so need to change some water there. Only a couple zoanthids and a yellow watchman goby I need to re-home or trade in to LFS are in there now. But first....R2R and coffee...then more coffee!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
[...] Sometimes keeping a tank seems like herding cats. It doesn't go where you expect it to.

I thought with Louie and the gang that you had the herding cats thing down?!?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I woke up this morning I had grand hopes of doing nothing...

ToDoNothing.gif

Then reality set in.

Oh well. Good morning everyone.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. Beautiful day here, so I think I will spend it in the basement, trying to streamline my WC process on the frag system now that it is all changed up. I added another 80G frag and 20G sump to the existing setup of an 80G frag, a 40G frag, and a 39G sump. Of course that meant the system got too clean, so I had the pleasure of dealing with Dinos for the last month. Hey, at least I got to put off doing a WC!

Once dinos were beat back, it was time for my first WC in the new configuration. Probably should've started earlier and certainly abstained from that third glass of wine, but hey, it was Thursday, and the game was being recorded so what the heck.

I wish I had filmed it for you. You would've wet your pants -- at least now I think it was that funny. Hoses flying, water spilling, fish jumping, curse words galore. Using the pond pump for the refill seemed like such a good idea at the time. Yeah... not so much.

No casualties besides my self esteem.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Sunday Morning Everyone.
I put up the Christmas tree last night for the Mrs. we generally decorate during thanks giving when the kids are around.
Anyone Have a Decorated Tree yet? Do you have a tradition? PIC'S?

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone. Going to pick up a green clown goby from local club member that's giving it away. Then I need to get groceries. I hate going on the weekends because it is so busy. But that's what I get for being lazy on Thursday.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning....was sitting surfing R2R and drinking my coffee (you'll find coffee a common and significant element in my life) and heard my wife exclaim excitedly..."Oh look, the goby is out in front looking at me...he's never done that before" Sure enough, there's the yellow watchman goby, middle front facing her. Stayed there for 5 minutes, interacting with my wife's movements and her talking to him the whole time.

Things like that make me very happy.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back