Good Morning!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good Morning. WE are having company for diner so I made a gallon of Manhattan Clam chowder and 5:00 this morning I made tapioca pudding. Not the instant stuff from Walmart.

Now to cook everything else.

I hope she doesn't cancel or we are going to have a lot of food laying around, and my fish don't like tapioca.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good Morning. WE are having company for diner so I made a gallon of Manhattan Clam chowder and 5:00 this morning I made tapioca pudding. Not the instant stuff from Walmart.

Now to cook everything else.

I hope she doesn't cancel or we are going to have a lot of food laying around, and my fish don't like tapioca.

How much for shipping ? :)

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Moring. Rainy day today. And rain always makes me feel lazy so I never want to get anything done. Anyone else feel that way?
Sure...not sure why you're limiting yourself to rainy days though. :)

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much for shipping ? :)
No kidding. Spent 10 years on eastern coast of Connecticut (Navy - couldn't afford to live there otherwise) and I haven't had a good clam chowder in years (since moving back to midwest)...there was a little place out on Groton Long Point I think it was...burned down sometime late eighties, called "The Fisherman" made a bouillabaisse that is still the best meal I've ever enjoyed.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning...I should post my "good mornings" before I read the thread because now I feel lazy and I'm hungry and I hate that the best "seafood" restaurant near me is Red Lobster. I love Indiana but the idea of seafood here is fried crappie. Love me some fried crappie, but it's NOT seafood.

Anyway...tried that NYOS phosphate test yesterday for the first time. Nice...feels more professional than the Salifert...but I'm a sucker for a capped glass vial. :) As we all know, substance is over rated when you can have appearance and status. :)

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning...I should post my "good mornings" before I read the thread because now I feel lazy and I'm hungry and I hate that the best "seafood" restaurant near me is Red Lobster. I love Indiana but the idea of seafood here is fried crappie. Love me some fried crappie, but it's NOT seafood.

Anyway...tried that NYOS phosphate test yesterday for the first time. Nice...feels more professional than the Salifert...but I'm a sucker for a capped glass vial. :) As we all know, substance is over rated when you can have appearance and status. :)

Red Lobster :oops: ??? That's my favorite restaurant. Now I have to go this weekend. :) Love when they have Lobsterfest.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Red Lobster :oops: ??? That's my favorite restaurant. Now I have to go this weekend. :) Love when they have Lobsterfest.

My friend, you need to have the experience of eating at a small seafood restaurant on the coast of Maine that serves clam chowder and lobster where the seafood was in the ocean just a few hours before - it is truly an amazing experience!

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend, you need to have the experience of eating at a small seafood restaurant on the coast of Maine that serves clam chowder and lobster where the seafood was in the ocean just a few hours before - it is truly an amazing experience!
Lived in Dover, NH for a year....of course this was the eighties, but you reminded of those little roadside shacks in New England with a gravel parking lot and all they served was lobster rolls, fries, slaw and beer. I'll take that over Red Lobster any day. Side note: those Red Lobster biscuits are amazing though. So who's going out for seafood this weekend now. :)

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Where do you live at in Indiana? You should check out Kona Jacks in Indianapolis. Seafood flown in fresh every day! Expensive yes, but worth it! They also have a market in the restaurant where you can buy it and take home to cook.
http://jacksarebetter.net/

Noah Grants restaurant in Carmel is also fresh seafood everyday.
https://www.noahgrants.com/

What they don't use that day they sell to other restaurants the next day. Not as good as from the coast fresh but better than anything else we get being in land.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hungry and I hate that the best "seafood" restaurant near me is Red Lobster.

I wouldn't consider Red Lobster a real restaurant. I guess if thats all there is you need to eat there. But I would have to move. :rolleyes:

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lived in Dover, NH for a year....of course this was the eighties, but you reminded of those little roadside shacks in New England with a gravel parking lot and all they served was lobster rolls, fries, slaw and beer. I'll take that over Red Lobster any day. Side note: those Red Lobster biscuits are amazing though. So who's going out for seafood this weekend now. :)

I have a copy cat recipe for those biscuits... Let me know if you're interested and I'll share :D

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you live at in Indiana? You should check out Kona Jacks in Indianapolis. Seafood flown in fresh every day! Expensive yes, but worth it! They also have a market in the restaurant where you can buy it and take home to cook.
http://jacksarebetter.net/

Noah Grants restaurant in Carmel is also fresh seafood everyday.
https://www.noahgrants.com/

What they don't use that day they sell to other restaurants the next day. Not as good as from the coast fresh but better than anything else we get being in land.
Thanks...I'm actually not too far from Indy. Been to Oceanaire, that was very nice. Haven't been to Kona Jacks - flown in every day can make a big difference. Zydeco's in Mooresville, used to fly in these giant oysters from the gulf every couple days. They may still, haven't been there in a couple years now.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back