Good Morning!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not such a great morning today.. My wife tested positive for Covid, still waiting on my test results. My stepdaughter got her positive test back yesterday. Thankfully the symptoms seem to come and go so we only feel like we got hit by a truck for parts of the day lol
may all of you make a speedy recovery.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not such a great morning today.. My wife tested positive for Covid, still waiting on my test results. My stepdaughter got her positive test back yesterday. Thankfully the symptoms seem to come and go so we only feel like we got hit by a truck for parts of the day lol
Hope you and your family are better soon

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning: Today, the day after Election Day I got up at 4:00 to watch the news and maybe see who won the election. At that time there was no clear winner so I waited an hour and a little after 5:00 am I decided to go for a walk in the dark.

I walked and walked, maybe a mile and a half and it was in a different direction of where I usually walk. I walked past the locked door that goes down the 176 steps to the beach.

I thought about going down to the beach just to chill out. (And it was chilly so it wouldn't be a hard thing to do) But I didn't bring the beach key with me.
I noticed that the door was propped open. I figured I would check it out and I was going to go through. Then I remembered you also need a key to get back out so if I was down there and someone closed the door, I would have to take a very long, cold walk along the beach to get out.

I looked at the lock and it was missing, just a hole in the door so there was no way to lock me in.

Before the steps go down there is about a 75 yard wooden walkway. I was a little tired from already walking but I was tense and wanted to relax so I started to walk to the beach.

Half way in on the wooden walk way I see something. There are tall bushes all along the sides of the walkway and it was still kind of dark so I couldn't make it out.

It moved....... I watch the show "Ancient Aliens" and I believe that stuff, so I figured I was about to be abducted and beamed up to an Alien space craft where they would do questionable experiments on me while they flashed pictures of Supermodels on the blackboard in front of me.
(Or maybe they just wanted to know how to install a reverse undergravel filter)

This thought kind of intrigued me so I was focusing my mind toward the object trying to do a sort of mind meld with the Aliens.

I slowly walked toward the object and it moved again....Now I don't consider myself a Snowflake but I also wasn't going to charge this thing because in case it wasn't an Alien it could be a Grisly Bear or woodchuck. I am not sure if there are any Grisly Bears on Long Island but in the Bronx Zoo I know there is a Polar bear and that is only less than 100 miles away so he could have gotten here.

By this time It was getting a little lighter and I noticed it was antlers. Big antlers like a Moose would have. OK, maybe not a moose but it was a deer.
A big buck with two of his main squeezes. I don't think he took kindly to me as he kept starring with a mean look in his eyes.

I tried not to look to amorously at the females as I didn't want him to think I was any competition and I prefer my Ladies to have two legs.

We stood and looked at each other for what seemed like an eternity, but it was probably 10 seconds and neither one of us flinched.
I was getting cold so I slapped my hand down on the wooden railing and yelled

( HEY YOU BIG DEER, GET OUT OF MY WAY)

I must have intimidated the to females and they ran away. The Buck just stood there defying me and giving me the evil eye.

I am a city boy and I have no idea how to fight a deer. Do I just grab his antlers or kick him in his shins?
I don't know.
Luckily for him (OK me) he decided to turn and walk toward his harem.

I made it down the beach and it was a beautiful sunrise.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning: Today, the day after Election Day I got up at 4:00 to watch the news and maybe see who won the election. At that time there was no clear winner so I waited an hour and a little after 5:00 am I decided to go for a walk in the dark.

I walked and walked, maybe a mile and a half and it was in a different direction of where I usually walk. I walked past the locked door that goes down the 176 steps to the beach.

I thought about going down to the beach just to chill out. (And it was chilly so it wouldn't be a hard thing to do) But I didn't bring the beach key with me.
I noticed that the door was propped open. I figured I would check it out and I was going to go through. Then I remembered you also need a key to get back out so if I was down there and someone closed the door, I would have to take a very long, cold walk along the beach to get out.

I looked at the lock and it was missing, just a hole in the door so there was no way to lock me in.

Before the steps go down there is about a 75 yard wooden walkway. I was a little tired from already walking but I was tense and wanted to relax so I started to walk to the beach.

Half way in on the wooden walk way I see something. There are tall bushes all along the sides of the walkway and it was still kind of dark so I couldn't make it out.

It moved....... I watch the show "Ancient Aliens" and I believe that stuff, so I figured I was about to be abducted and beamed up to an Alien space craft where they would do questionable experiments on me while they flashed pictures of Supermodels on the blackboard in front of me.

This thought kind of intrigued me so I was focusing my mind toward the object trying to do a sort of mind meld with the Aliens.

I slowly walked toward the object and it moved again....Now I don't consider myself a Snowflake but I also wasn't going to charge this thing because in case it wasn't an Alien it could be a Grisly Bear or woodchuck. I am not sure if there are any Grisly Bears on Long Island but in the Bronx Zoo I know there is a Polar bear and that is only less than 100 miles away so he could have gotten here.

By this time It was getting a little lighter and I noticed it was antlers. Big antlers like a Moose would have. OK, maybe not a moose but it was a deer.
A big buck with two of his main squeezes. I don't think he took kindly to me as he kept starring with a mean look in his eyes.

I tried not to look to amorously at the females as I didn't want him to think I was any competition and I prefer my Ladies to have two legs.

We stood and looked at each other for what seemed like an eternity, but it was probably 10 seconds and neither one of us flinched.

I must have intimidated the to females and they ran away. The Buck just stood there defying me and giving me the evil eye.

I am a city boy and I have no idea how to fight a deer. Do I just grab his antlers or kick him in his shins?
I don't know.

Always love your stories!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.
I brought home a new bicolor angel yesterday. It looked to be a nice size at the store. I put it in the tank and it is smaller than my green chromis.
I am feeling silly sitting here stressing over a fish and wondering why I even do this if it just going to bother me.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

me It was getting a little lighter and I noticed it was antlers. Big antlers like a Moose would have. OK, maybe not a moose but it was a deer.

I don't know.

so the deer picked the lock....
:cool:

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning y'all! I hope everyone has a terrific day! No matter who wins, PEACE!
we won't know who wins til the drawing tomorrow night, but i will accept the results if i don't win. i trust the process!!

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ladies and Gents.
I wanted to take a minute to thank all of you for accepting me into your little family here on this forum and into this thread.
Little bit about me. Born and raised on Long Island, transplanted to California in 1977. That’s where I met my wonderful Wife Angela. I had been in the automotive business most of my adult life and decided to branch out and open my own detail business.
I retired early, at 45 due to health issues and sold my business. In the mid 1980’s, I set up my first reef tank, a 50 gallon and had many ups and downs with it. Over time, it grew into a nice tank but my cancer returned and I was forced into a very stress free lifestyle. Keeping a tank was just too much for me at the time.
In 2012, We relocated to Rural Tennessee because we wanted land (I’m an avid hunter) and houses were just out of our reach in California.
These days, I spend my time working our land, hanging out with our 2 parrots, 3 cats and 5 chickens.
I recently got back into reefing with a Nano (Fluval Evo 13.5).
Before setting up the tank, I started lurking around this forum, gathering info and enjoying all of your beautiful tanks.
Anyhow, that’s who Mike from TN is.
Thanks again for having me. You seem like a great group of people here and I look forward to getting to know Y’all better.
Stay Safe my friends,
Mike

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ladies and Gents.
I wanted to take a minute to thank all of you for accepting me into your little family here on this forum and into this thread.
Little bit about me. Born and raised on Long Island, transplanted to California in 1977. That’s where I met my wonderful Wife Angela. I had been in the automotive business most of my adult life and decided to branch out and open my own detail business.
I retired early, at 45 due to health issues and sold my business. In the mid 1980’s, I set up my first reef tank, a 50 gallon and had many ups and downs with it. Over time, it grew into a nice tank but my cancer returned and I was forced into a very stress free lifestyle. Keeping a tank was just too much for me at the time.
In 2012, We relocated to Rural Tennessee because we wanted land (I’m an avid hunter) and houses were just out of our reach in California.
These days, I spend my time working our land, hanging out with our 2 parrots, 3 cats and 5 chickens.
I recently got back into reefing with a Nano (Fluval Evo 13.5).
Before setting up the tank, I started lurking around this forum, gathering info and enjoying all of your beautiful tanks.
Anyhow, that’s who Mike from TN is.
Thanks again for having me. You seem like a great group of people here and I look forward to getting to know Y’all better.
Stay Safe my friends,
Mike
you're not visiting a Tennessee transplant in Michigan this week, are you?

Back