Good Morning!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem solved with the invention of the nighttime “Snail Jail”! 81E2A819-5957-4AC1-8D71-A41832AEF194.jpeg 95092EB0-279D-4D2F-93F3-254805E1A8F2.jpeg
evolution trying to happen before your very eyes and you all are preventing it.
this could be vital for planet survival.
:cool:

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem solved with the invention of the nighttime “Snail Jail”! 81E2A819-5957-4AC1-8D71-A41832AEF194.jpeg 95092EB0-279D-4D2F-93F3-254805E1A8F2.jpeg
I'm keeping an open mind but exactly how is this an improvement on the rimless tank? won't they just run across the bottom of that to the center hole and out?

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm keeping an open mind but exactly how is this an improvement on the rimless tank? won't they just run across the bottom of that to the center hole and out?
They may but maybe it’ll slow them down a little. Gotta try something, one of our cats has severe food sensitivities and we’re afraid she will eat a snail if she sees it roaming around the house. Besides, I just felt like fabricating something this morning. LOL!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone! I'm slowly putting together a saltwater mixing station. I have the (2) water tanks in place, the stand complete, and the plumbing mostly done (all dry fit in place until I get the pump). The Hydros Control 2 arrived this weekend and I am waiting on the pump (back ordered). I also upgraded the light for my nano tank this weekend so I will soon start adding some corals into that tank. Nothing is happening quickly but plenty of things are happening!

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pun Snail GIF by Hallmark eCards

circus snails.
:p

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gmornin Friends!
woke up to 30* here in Middle TN this morning. Went out to feed the girls and they didn’t want to come out of their coop. Who could blame them though, it’s 55* in the coop.
I think the “snail Jail” worked last night. The tank lights aren’t up yet but I don’t see and snail trails on the new top.
I have a semi busy day here today. Going up into the barn loft to retrieve all the Christmas decorations, tree, etc.
Not really going all out this year because it will just be the two of us. Probably just decorate inside and not do lights outside.
We are trying to make the best of the holiday season even though there won’t be any family gatherings. Just have to remember, it’s for everyone’s own good. Looks like Skype and FaceTime will be blowing up this Thursday.
Y’all have a great day and please stay safe, stay healthy and stay happy!
;)

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies.
So glad I work from home now and don't have to deal with traffic and the first micro snow of the year and everyone forgetting how to drive because the pavement is slightly wet.
:cool:
We only get snow 3 or 4 time a year in our area. Yearly total about 6-8” unless we have a freak snow event.
People here can’t even drive on dry pavement let alone snow.
It always amazes me to see someone driving after a snow and all they did was brush off a small area of their windshield in front of the driver.
Lots of cars on the road here that I wouldn’t even consider “road worthy”.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We only get snow 3 or 4 time a year in our area. Yearly total about 6-8” unless we have a freak snow event.
People here can’t even drive on dry pavement let alone snow.
It always amazes me to see someone driving after a snow and all they did was brush off a small area of their windshield in front of the driver.
Lots of cars on the road here that I wouldn’t even consider “road worthy”.
yea, we get those here too. best is when we get 3"+ and people don't brush it off the vehicle roof and first time they hit the brakes it all slides on to the windshield. lol, and that much snow is usually too much for the wipers to handle.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning! It's a frosty 7 below zero today. Brrrr! They are forecasting 2 inches for Wednesday so I expect a foot because they won't plow the roads until Saturday or maybe Monday. No big ski race this year so the town is nice and quiet.
People here think it's a good idea to not clean the snow off the top of the vehicle because it gives them better traction. Two feet of ice does wonders to window seals, suspension, and paint jobs. Then we get to add the flat landers who have never seen snow. I did get to see 3 different cars run into gas pumps. It happens in slow motion and their faces are priceless.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good Morning! It's a frosty 7 below zero today. Brrrr! They are forecasting 2 inches for Wednesday so I expect a foot because they won't plow the roads until Saturday or maybe Monday. No big ski race this year so the town is nice and quiet.
People here think it's a good idea to not clean the snow off the top of the vehicle because it gives them better traction. Two feet of ice does wonders to window seals, suspension, and paint jobs. Then we get to add the flat landers who have never seen snow. I did get to see 3 different cars run into gas pumps. It happens in slow motion and their faces are priceless.

A long time ago in a land far, far away while learning to drive in the frozen unpleasantries of the northeastern US, I was taken to an empty parking lot that was a sheet of ice with a partial covering of snow and was told to do donuts (on purpose!). It has helped me navigate many of life's challenging situations - including gas pumps!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back