View Badges
Reaction score
Good morning everyone!

Monday GIF by Squirrel Monkey

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Good morning! It’s windy and expected to dump snow today. Fortunately it’s my Friday. Bad news is, it’s day 3 in a row of 16 hour shifts. I’m dead on my feet. Coffee, you are my only friend.

Zoanthids.com

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
It’s so windy the trees are getting covered in snow on the west side only.

Attachments

• E292BACB-F567-4167-A8DC-3E2C683C129B.jpeg
    E292BACB-F567-4167-A8DC-3E2C683C129B.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 7
  • B1A9D6BB-7B83-40E7-BE4F-C52E632420D2.jpeg
    B1A9D6BB-7B83-40E7-BE4F-C52E632420D2.jpeg
    312 KB · Views: 5

MrsBugmaster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
MrsBugmaster, get well soon. That nerve block is great and I wish I could take a bath in the stuff every couple of days. It's the best thing they ever invented.
Stay safe and feel better.
Paul
I agree! Day 5 now and have NOT had to take even 1 of those nasty opioid pain pills. The block gets you past the worse of the pain period so no narcotics required!

Budmans

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
I agree! Day 5 now and have NOT had to take even 1 of those nasty opioid pain pills. The block gets you past the worse of the pain period so no narcotics required!
Yes I agree, great stuff. They invented that stuff because before they had a nerve blocker, you would wake up from an operation and were in so much pain, you tried to strangle the surgeon. :oops:

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
the agreement i make with the dentist is that after numbing my face if i feel pain i grab the arm of the hygienist firmly and squeeze emphatically to let them know and to avoid jarring the drill while I am sending the message. the dentist is happy with this arrangement. the hygienist not so thrilled. post procedure: opioids need not apply. ibu only, thank you.

MrsBugmaster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
In the right circumstances opioids are a true gift.
I have made gallons of Brompton's mixture for cancer patients. Elixir of morphine, codeine and cocaine in alcohol flavored with cherry and simple syrup.
Yes I agree they are helpful in some circumstances. But I think they are over used many times in this country. My doctor gave me a RX for 30 opioid pills in case I need them. This seems excessive to me especially since I got the nerve block. For example, in India they will give you these for 3 days only. (My husband is from India and his brother is an orthopedic surgeon there so I know. My brother-in-law was shocked they gave me that many). I guess it is a sensitive issue for me too because I have two friends that got addicted and a sister that accidentally OD’d and died on them. And yes, cancer is a whole different thing then what is considered a routine surgery.

Zoanthids.com

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes I agree they are helpful in some circumstances. But I think they are over used many times in this country. My doctor gave me a RX for 30 opioid pills in case I need them. This seems excessive to me especially since I got the nerve block. For example, in India they will give you these for 3 days only. (My husband is from India and his brother is an orthopedic surgeon there so I know. My brother-in-law was shocked they gave me that many). I guess it is a sensitive issue for me too because I have two friends that got addicted and a sister that accidentally OD’d and died on them. And yes, cancer is a whole different thing then what is considered a routine surgery.
I worked with a lady in her 60s who had both knees replaced at the same time. She got a prescription for OxyContin with no max. She just kept refilling. It was truly sad to watch. I have this happen way too many times. I am allergic to codeine and all of it's derivatives. I can't get into the politics of big Pharma, but this is the biggest scandal ever how they got doctors to push an addictive drug that has ruined so many lives.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Only 3 more hours of work to go. I am about exhausted. I will be sleeping in tomorrow so I miss the chance to tell you fine people good morning. I will be getting my new toys in tomorrow, a couple of microscopes. I can't wait to find out if I have cyano, dinos, or brown algae. I am betting on dinos personally. Time to learn some things I guess. I hope you all have a wonderful morning and feel frre to drink an extra cup of coffee for me. Stay safe and warm!

fishguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Only 3 more hours of work to go. I am about exhausted. I will be sleeping in tomorrow so I miss the chance to tell you fine people good morning. I will be getting my new toys in tomorrow, a couple of microscopes. I can't wait to find out if I have cyano, dinos, or brown algae. I am betting on dinos personally. Time to learn some things I guess. I hope you all have a wonderful morning and feel frre to drink an extra cup of coffee for me. Stay safe and warm!
i was actually notified to your build today.!!!! lets see an update or two ;) :cool:

sp1187

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
have fun playing mad scientist tomorrow.
and just remember, it's always morning somewhere. :cool:

AS

What types of R2R interview articles are you most excited about?

• Specific reef topics! (List the ones you'd like to see us cover in the thread.)

Votes: 74 39.6%
  • Specific reef personalities! (List the people you'd like us to interview in the thread.)

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Not that concerned about the topics...I just wanna see the awesome PICTURES!

Votes: 36 19.3%
  • All of the above!! ...and yes, I'll list some in the thread. :-)

Votes: 67 35.8%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Aqua SD