Good morning everyone!

Monday GIF by Squirrel Monkey

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MrsBugmaster, get well soon. That nerve block is great and I wish I could take a bath in the stuff every couple of days. It's the best thing they ever invented.
Stay safe and feel better.
Paul
I agree! Day 5 now and have NOT had to take even 1 of those nasty opioid pain pills. The block gets you past the worse of the pain period so no narcotics required!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree! Day 5 now and have NOT had to take even 1 of those nasty opioid pain pills. The block gets you past the worse of the pain period so no narcotics required!
Yes I agree, great stuff. They invented that stuff because before they had a nerve blocker, you would wake up from an operation and were in so much pain, you tried to strangle the surgeon. :oops:

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the agreement i make with the dentist is that after numbing my face if i feel pain i grab the arm of the hygienist firmly and squeeze emphatically to let them know and to avoid jarring the drill while I am sending the message. the dentist is happy with this arrangement. the hygienist not so thrilled. post procedure: opioids need not apply. ibu only, thank you.

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning! No snow in Wilmington, NC. Cold though, but nothing like you guys/girls north of me. Got bored so I ordered $400 in Monti, acro, and pocillpora. I don't think there will be much room left in the display after this order.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the right circumstances opioids are a true gift.
I have made gallons of Brompton's mixture for cancer patients. Elixir of morphine, codeine and cocaine in alcohol flavored with cherry and simple syrup.
Yes I agree they are helpful in some circumstances. But I think they are over used many times in this country. My doctor gave me a RX for 30 opioid pills in case I need them. This seems excessive to me especially since I got the nerve block. For example, in India they will give you these for 3 days only. (My husband is from India and his brother is an orthopedic surgeon there so I know. My brother-in-law was shocked they gave me that many). I guess it is a sensitive issue for me too because I have two friends that got addicted and a sister that accidentally OD’d and died on them. And yes, cancer is a whole different thing then what is considered a routine surgery.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I agree they are helpful in some circumstances. But I think they are over used many times in this country. My doctor gave me a RX for 30 opioid pills in case I need them. This seems excessive to me especially since I got the nerve block. For example, in India they will give you these for 3 days only. (My husband is from India and his brother is an orthopedic surgeon there so I know. My brother-in-law was shocked they gave me that many). I guess it is a sensitive issue for me too because I have two friends that got addicted and a sister that accidentally OD’d and died on them. And yes, cancer is a whole different thing then what is considered a routine surgery.
I worked with a lady in her 60s who had both knees replaced at the same time. She got a prescription for OxyContin with no max. She just kept refilling. It was truly sad to watch. I have this happen way too many times. I am allergic to codeine and all of it's derivatives. I can't get into the politics of big Pharma, but this is the biggest scandal ever how they got doctors to push an addictive drug that has ruined so many lives.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only 3 more hours of work to go. I am about exhausted. I will be sleeping in tomorrow so I miss the chance to tell you fine people good morning. I will be getting my new toys in tomorrow, a couple of microscopes. I can't wait to find out if I have cyano, dinos, or brown algae. I am betting on dinos personally. Time to learn some things I guess. I hope you all have a wonderful morning and feel frre to drink an extra cup of coffee for me. Stay safe and warm!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back