Good Morning!

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well good news for you.
My initial thought was great excuse to take day off work and enjoy the sun ( we dont get it that hot here often tbh) but then thought best not say that.i never done it as of yet but our front door shuts behind itself so scared that take rubbish out and not have keys then be locked out ( great for keeping burglars out and locksmiths in jobs i guess ^_^)

Yeah if I hadn’t had to call in twice over the last month due to illness I may have done just that. But I’ve had to cancel on this client twice already so to work I will go

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
how short were it?

I got about 3.5 hours of sleep last night. Probably not bad for some of you, but I need A LOT of beauty sleep. :oops:

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got about 3.5 hours of sleep last night. Probably not bad for some of you, but I need A LOT of beauty sleep. :oops:
I'm usually 5/5.5 nightly.
the big adjustment was when I went from 12 cups of coffee daily to drinking decaf.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like a little daylight B & E

if I hadn’t had someone to come let me in, that’s probably the route I would have had to take. After preemptively digging my grave as my girlfriend would have immediately murdered me once she found out LOL

Edit: I am of course joking about being murdered. She would just be royally displeased. Which isn’t as funny to say lol

Last edited:

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a bunch of mowing done this morning. Just got back from the grocery store. Picked up food for me and 6 cases of PowerAde, asst flavors. Dropped off 3 at the White Bluff PD and 3 at the White Bluff Volunteer FD. Every once in a while, I bring treats to the local first responders.
Makes me feel good inside!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my project to protect my red oak sapling from June bugs and Brood X cicadias led me to the garage and a squeaking- chirping kind of sound that i realized was coming from the attic. upon investigation a young-ish mom and some young offspring raccoons. i think that the reason they were making noise for the first time, that i have detected it, is the heat in there from the 80 degree afternoon. it could be her first litter and an unwise choice of shelter for this time of year. not sure how she got in and out but hopefully they can get out the same way.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my project to protect my red oak sapling from June bugs and Brood X cicadias led me to the garage and a squeaking- chirping kind of sound that i realized was coming from the attic. upon investigation a young-ish mom and some young offspring raccoons. i think that the reason they were making noise for the first time, that i have detected it, is the heat in there from the 80 degree afternoon. it could be her first litter and an unwise choice of shelter for this time of year. not sure how she got in and out but hopefully they can get out the same way.

Put some water up there for them

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try calling Animal Control. They will capture and re home them. High temps like that may kill the babies.
In the meantime, I’d get some water up there like Ned suggested.

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F7F33587-1EEA-4D22-AAB9-E299EFF98101.jpeg Bald Eagle nest here in White Bluff. This is as close as I could zoom in. I was about 60yards away. They have been nesting there for years. That is Mom guarding the nest while Dad hunts. Or maybe it’s the other way around. They reared two babies last year.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
260952DF-8F50-4263-9121-3DF3F1745CCF.jpeg

One of the two or three barred owls that live on my parents property. Super cool getting to hear them call to eachother both day and night (although my moms dogs go bananas every time). I’m zoomed in but this owl was only 20ft away when I took this picture

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
260952DF-8F50-4263-9121-3DF3F1745CCF.jpeg

One of the two or three barred owls that live on my parents property. Super cool getting to hear them call to eachother both day and night (although my moms dogs go bananas every time). I’m zoomed in but this owl was only 20ft away when I took this picture
We have a few large owls that call our land home. I’ve yet to see them but we hear them all the time.
That one is beautiful!

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a few large owls that call our land home. I’ve yet to see them but we hear them all the time.
That one is beautiful!

I still get goosebumps thinking about when I snapped the pic. I was outside having a smoke, heard a rustle, looked up and was looking eye to eye with the owl.
So freaking cool.

stuff like that is what I miss about living with my folks. They’ve got foxes that have had a couple litters over the years (I’ve seen the adults and babies). There are roughly 2 million squirrels. Raccoons, possums. Deer frequently wander through and graze. We’ve even had a few coyotes. All within walking distance of the city’s downtown area

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning folks! Anyone else up yet?
rooster GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning All!
Getting an early start here today. Looks like rain will be moving in later this morning and I want to get the mowing finished.
My Diamond Goby is starting to make me crazy. He seems to be erecting some kind of “monolith “ out of sand. Every morning, it’s in the same place partially covering my green RFA and my Ricordia’s. I flatten it out and he just does it again the next night. The RFA will move if it gets PO’d enough but not the Shrooms. He’s got plenty of places to dig but seems to be looking for something in particular in that spot. Crazy fish!
Anyhooo!
Hope Y’all have a great day.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back