Good Morning!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you play them a little Al Green on Spotify?
Thanks for sharing. I drove by a little family of wild pigs on the way home last night. Totally made my day. Isn't is amazing how a little visit from mother nature turns a frown upside down?
Which is why I keep a little tiny bit of her in the basement.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Hero GIF
he's my hero too. QT,,,,, bahahahahahahahaha.:cool:

The home gym really works. After getting the 137 pound box and the 2 70 pound ones out of the truck I am worn out.
carrying the box of salt mix or the multiple bags of water softener salt down the stairs does me in.
I figure it's the prime moment for either the surgically repaired knee or one of the achille's to pop again. :rolleyes:

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's not morning but I went out on my boat last night for a nice dinner and after a few miles one engine died.

We almost made it to our destination but luckily I have two engines so we started back. We had plenty of wine, beer and food so all was not lost. About 2 miles from my marina, the other engine died.

Still plenty of wine and beer so we anchored and partied for a few hours. Then I figured we better get back before it got dark so I called "Sea Tow" on the marine radio.

The radio don't work. It lights up and looks like it's working but dead as a quarantined fish after it was exposed to velvet.

No sound. But we still have plenty of wine and beer so I call on my phone GEICO who has been insuring me for over 50 years.
They never heard of me.

I get Sea Tow and they want $2,000.00 to tow me 2 miles.

I told them, "I think you mis understand, I don't want you to buy me aboat, just pull me 2 miles. $2,000.00

I actually have $2,000.00 but I didn't think it was worth it to be pulled for 2 miles.

I was in the channel and just waited until I saw a boat big enough to tow me and jumped up and down until he saw me. By law a boat has to stop if you wave you them down. Or of course they could say they never saw you but that never happens.

So while we were getting towed back to my marina, we enjoyed plenty of wine and beer.

He left me at my gas dock as he was also from my marina and we continued partying. I offered him $100.00 but he wouldn't take it. I wouldn't either because thats what boaters do. I will bring him a bottle of Champaign tomorrow because I want to go there and see whats wrong with my boat.

I let the marina install batteries and spark plugs because I broke my wrist but my first rule is to never let someone work on my boat.

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he's my hero too. QT,,,,, bahahahahahahahaha.:cool:

carrying the box of salt mix or the multiple bags of water softener salt down the stairs does me in.
I figure it's the prime moment for either the surgically repaired knee or one of the achille's to pop again. :rolleyes:

You said the bad word. You know what that means.

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is quite amazing to me that people are arguing about exactly the same stuff as they were in 2007 when I first hit the marine tank forums. How to measure salinity, API test kits, QT, tang police, filters or not, sand bed cleaning, LEDS or not.
ozone bad, no chemicals, pellets are wonderful, skimm....................

Exactly the same stuff

I guess I am stuck in the past. I started my tank now with a swing arm hydrometer, API test kits and it has MH/T5 lights.
on timers.

One person picks up a guitar, tunes it by ear and then starts to play.
Another sticks a frequency tuner on, hits a number and then reads the tabs and does what they say.

I will always be the first guy.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's not morning but I went out on my boat last night for a nice dinner and after a few miles one engine died.

We almost made it to our destination but luckily I have two engines so we started back. We had plenty of wine, beer and food so all was not lost. About 2 miles from my marina, the other engine died.

Still plenty of wine and beer so we anchored and partied for a few hours. Then I figured we better get back before it got dark so I called "Sea Tow" on the marine radio.

The radio don't work. It lights up and looks like it's working but dead as a quarantined fish after it was exposed to velvet.

No sound. But we still have plenty of wine and beer so I call on my phone GEICO who has been insuring me for over 50 years.
They never heard of me.

I get Sea Tow and they want $2,000.00 to tow me 2 miles.

I told them, "I think you mis understand, I don't want you to buy me aboat, just pull me 2 miles. $2,000.00

I actually have $2,000.00 but I didn't think it was worth it to be pulled for 2 miles.

I was in the channel and just waited until I saw a boat big enough to tow me and jumped up and down until he saw me. By law a boat has to stop if you wave you them down. Or of course they could say they never saw you but that never happens.

So while we were getting towed back to my marina, we enjoyed plenty of wine and beer.

He left me at my gas dock as he was also from my marina and we continued partying. I offered him $100.00 but he wouldn't take it. I wouldn't either because thats what boaters do. I will bring him a bottle of Champaign tomorrow because I want to go there and see whats wrong with my boat.

I let the marina install batteries and spark plugs because I broke my wrist but my first rule is to never let someone work on my boat.
Good thing you had plenty of beer and wine!

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Friends!
Looks to be an on and off rainy day here today. I’ve got to get my butt in gear and do something. All of this sitting around and doing nothing (Drs orders) is making me feel worthless.
I worked on my tank a little yesterday. My large Toadstool is having a 4 day long temper tantrum. It does that every once in a while then all of a sudden, it’s back in its full glory.
I need to pick up some Rx’s and groceries today. Hope that’s not the “high point” of my day. If we don’t have thunder and lightning, I may just take a rainy day spa soak.
Angela went to the LFS and reptile store yesterday. She got me water, frozen foods and some chemicals that I needed. Also frozen rats for the snake, 300 large crickets for the chickens to chase, mealworms for the Opossum And a new habitat for one of the tarantulas.
I hope you all enjoy your Sunday. Stay Safe, Healthy & Happy!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good Morning Friends!
Looks to be an on and off rainy day here today. I’ve got to get my butt in gear and do something. All of this sitting around and doing nothing (Drs orders) is making me feel worthless.
I worked on my tank a little yesterday. My large Toadstool is having a 4 day long temper tantrum. It does that every once in a while then all of a sudden, it’s back in its full glory.
I need to pick up some Rx’s and groceries today. Hope that’s not the “high point” of my day. If we don’t have thunder and lightning, I may just take a rainy day spa soak.
Angela went to the LFS and reptile store yesterday. She got me water, frozen foods and some chemicals that I needed. Also frozen rats for the snake, 300 large crickets for the chickens to chase, mealworms for the Opossum And a new habitat for one of the tarantulas.
I hope you all enjoy your Sunday. Stay Safe, Healthy & Happy!
Mike you are a machine..boy i could really use your help here for a day or two...JK..but i have seen what you do on a daily basis..nice work ,and just wow.. :oops:
hope you get your spa day in,kick back take it easy for a few ..;):cool:

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Argh. Not a great morning. Heat alarms on the new build at the bank. We just stocked it up on Thursday with coral and fish. I repeatedly begged the operations folks there to confirm weekend cooling.

So this:
IMG-5233.JPG

... is bubbling along now at 83.4 F

1622980805542.png

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Argh. Not a great morning. Heat alarms on the new build at the bank. We just stocked it up on Thursday with coral and fish. I repeatedly begged the operations folks there to confirm weekend cooling.

So this:
IMG-5233.JPG

... is bubbling along now at 83.4 F

1622980805542.png
Can you add an indoor temperature sensor? For insurance.
A lot of commercial buildings now have remote administration of the HVAC to save energy costs by controlling the temperature to be higher or lower than normal when the building is not occupied.

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A lot of commercial buildings now have remote administration of the HVAC to save energy costs by controlling the temperature to be higher or lower than normal when the building is not occupied.
this, or chiller...cannot spend thousands to destroy it.. :( hope you can contact someone today.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning from our marina! First night in our new camper, just waiting for the wind to pick up to go sailing. We got tired of sleeping in the hot cramped boat for the past 15 years, the trailer makes things much nicer! Trouble is I have spotty cell service down here, so hard to access R2R - so many non-quarantined sick fish out there

Jay

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay said the bad word. I will have to put him in with sp1187. Not that he is going to care. He is going sailing.

Averaging 4 bolts an hour I estimate the gym will take 2.37 months to complete. When all you have is a cat to hold the parts in place while you fasten them.

No sick fish here.

Ned

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are precisely correct; their A/C is remotely controlled. I believe it can be manually overridden but only temporarily. Like the schedule in my house, it reverts back to the default schedule after some measure of time.

My buddy has a keycard and is heading over there now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back