Good Morning!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this, or chiller...cannot spend thousands to destroy it.. :( hope you can contact someone today.
Thanks. I tried this route as well, but they balked at allowing us to cut holes in the cabinetry for exhaust fans. Two used 1HP chillers are collecting dust in the store as we speak.

I should have been more adamant/obnoxious about insisting on confirmed temp control before we stocked. If I'd had a simple APEX install, we would've known about this LAST weekend before we stocked. But APEX installs inside a bank's secured wifi networks are not simple. Learned the hard way. I had to bring the APEX home to connect and set it up before soft booting it inside their network.

Just ticked up another tenth to 83.5

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are precisely correct; their A/C is remotely controlled. I believe it can be manually overridden but only temporarily. Like the schedule in my house, it reverts back to the default schedule after some measure of time.

My buddy has a keycard and is heading over there now.
My brother used to do this for a living for Johnson Controls, There is a contract involved and a guaranteed savings by using the HVAC system per the contract. You are going to have to deal with the building temperature swings.

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I tried this route as well, but they balked at allowing us to cut holes in the cabinetry for exhaust fans. Two used 1HP chillers are collecting dust in the store as we speak.

I should have been more adamant/obnoxious about insisting on confirmed temp control before we stocked. If I'd had a simple APEX install, we would've known about this LAST weekend before we stocked. But APEX installs inside a bank's secured wifi networks are not simple. Learned the hard way. I had to bring the APEX home to connect and set it up before soft booting it inside their network.

If I am looking right there should be access into the cabinet. You have power in there.
How about a heat pump system that heats and cools with excess capacity.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wow this is happening fast now. 83.8 That is half a degree in about an hour. I shut the lights remotely.
If I am looking right there should be access into the cabinet. You have power in there.
How about a heat pump system that heats and cools with excess capacity.
Yes we do have space and access.

An executive decision has been made (finally) to slap a chiller on (for now at least).

Ned, if you have any links to a marine suitable heat pump solution I would be grateful.

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this is happening fast now. 83.8 That is half a degree in about an hour. I shut the lights remotely.

Yes we do have space and access.

An executive decision has been made (finally) to slap a chiller on (for now at least).

Ned, if you have any links to a marine suitable heat pump solution I would be grateful.
I have seen them on websites looking for mid sized ozone equipment. I will look
Ask @Jay Hemdal . I would assume this equipment is used on big tanks. He may know some equipment names.

How to turn an enemy into an ally. It could perhaps be installed and maintained by the Company doing the building HVAC now. They may already have a solution. If not they can engineer one maybe. That is what my brother used to do.

Last edited:

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is quite amazing to me that people are arguing about exactly the same stuff as they were in 2007 when I first hit the marine tank forums. How to measure salinity, API test kits, QT, tang police, filters or not, sand bed cleaning, LEDS or not.
ozone bad, no chemicals, pellets are wonderful, skimm....................

Exactly the same stuff

I guess I am stuck in the past. I started my tank now with a swing arm hydrometer, API test kits and it has MH/T5 lights.
on timers.

One person picks up a guitar, tunes it by ear and then starts to play.
Another sticks a frequency tuner on, hits a number and then reads the tabs and does what they say.

I will always be the first guy.
I'd comment, but you have me blocked, so what would be the point. ;)

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scott B.
https://www.advanced-aquariums.com/products/titanium-heat-exchangers/
https://www.rk2.com/heat-pumps.php
https://aqualogicinc.com/products/heating/#heat-pumps
Aqua Logic’s Delta Star Heat Pumps are renowned for their impressive chilling and heating ability, compact size, low heat emission, and quiet operation. Available in air-cooled, water-cooled, and even marine duty models, there’s a Delta Star heat pump for every application. All models are rated for use with freshwater and saltwater, and will provide stable, thermostatically controlled water temperatures between 40ºF- 85ºF.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scott B.
https://www.advanced-aquariums.com/products/titanium-heat-exchangers/
https://www.rk2.com/heat-pumps.php
https://aqualogicinc.com/products/heating/#heat-pumps
Aqua Logic’s Delta Star Heat Pumps are renowned for their impressive chilling and heating ability, compact size, low heat emission, and quiet operation. Available in air-cooled, water-cooled, and even marine duty models, there’s a Delta Star heat pump for every application. All models are rated for use with freshwater and saltwater, and will provide stable, thermostatically controlled water temperatures between 40ºF- 85ºF.
Fantastic Ned, thank you! Aqualogic seems to be all over this space.

Something new every day.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies.
going sailing. (not really... that hobby sailed long ago;Hilarious;Hilarious)
Bass Pro for some plastics for my pop's.
lfs for some stuff for the healthy non qt'd fish.
some other stuff for the new frag tub.
scorcher plus humidity.
how many times I have to say "keep your weather" fishdude.
laters.:cool:

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
2021060606083162-546585657289580199-IMG_3662_HEIC-L.jpg

Optional accessories shown
Some assembly required
The red on those bags and obscurity of what is inside make me suspect that cat is named Dexter.... is he hiding the body of the last guy that said QT? Mike.... let us know you are ok, man.....

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's not morning but I went out on my boat last night for a nice dinner and after a few miles one engine died.

We almost made it to our destination but luckily I have two engines so we started back. We had plenty of wine, beer and food so all was not lost. About 2 miles from my marina, the other engine died.

Still plenty of wine and beer so we anchored and partied for a few hours. Then I figured we better get back before it got dark so I called "Sea Tow" on the marine radio.

The radio don't work. It lights up and looks like it's working but dead as a quarantined fish after it was exposed to velvet.

No sound. But we still have plenty of wine and beer so I call on my phone GEICO who has been insuring me for over 50 years.
They never heard of me.

I get Sea Tow and they want $2,000.00 to tow me 2 miles.

I told them, "I think you mis understand, I don't want you to buy me aboat, just pull me 2 miles. $2,000.00

I actually have $2,000.00 but I didn't think it was worth it to be pulled for 2 miles.

I was in the channel and just waited until I saw a boat big enough to tow me and jumped up and down until he saw me. By law a boat has to stop if you wave you them down. Or of course they could say they never saw you but that never happens.

So while we were getting towed back to my marina, we enjoyed plenty of wine and beer.

He left me at my gas dock as he was also from my marina and we continued partying. I offered him $100.00 but he wouldn't take it. I wouldn't either because thats what boaters do. I will bring him a bottle of Champaign tomorrow because I want to go there and see whats wrong with my boat.

I let the marina install batteries and spark plugs because I broke my wrist but my first rule is to never let someone work on my boat.
Thank God for beer and wine. (+1 that Sea Tow is a rip off) Glad it worked out. You definitely have put some great karma out into the world and it came back to you.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a very late start today. Pills did nothing last night so I am moving like a sloth today. Hit Ace hardware for 25 feet on new 1/4 ID tubing for the ATO/AWC and dosers. Got hubby some stuff to keep him busy with the weeds - I mean lawn. Bought an overpriced pack of command hooks for cable management and getting ready to change out the membrane and all of the filters on the RODI. I do not think anything is exhausted, still at 0 TDS but it will be easier to do now than after it's installed in the stand. That and if I have another 100 gallons or so to make, better make sure it's perfect.
Time to make the donuts as they used to say ....
dunkin donuts 80s GIF

Have fun everybody. It's Sunday!! :)

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen them on websites looking for mid sized ozone equipment. I will look
Ask @Jay Hemdal . I would assume this equipment is used on big tanks. He may now some equipment names.

How to turn an enemy into an ally. It could perhaps be installed and maintained by the Company doing the building HVAC now. They may already have a solution. If not they can engineer one maybe. That is what my brother used to do.
Sorry, no - we have a chilled loop in our building with heat exchangers coming off of that, so no application for a standalone system. Aqua Logic makes good chillers, not sure about heat pumps.
Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 62 84.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.1%
Back