13   0   0

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the RBTA has done an interesting thing.
since it has retracted i can see the palythoa that it was hiding since it moved right next to it IMG_2697.jpeg
meanwhile the cacti in the back yard has opened its first bud of the year. last year there was only the one IMG_2692.jpeg this year looks like there will be more IMG_2694.jpeg

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon All!
I missed this morning completely. It’s in the 90’s here today so I was out mowing before the sun even came up. LED headlights on the tractor make it like daylight. Got a bunch done but then started feeling a little dehydrated so in I came.
Hey! Anybody else here into Orchids? They are another hobby that I used to be into, got out of, and now I’m back in!
Ive had these 3 for about 2 months now and they are opening nicely. They seem to be very happy near this side window. Filtered light most of the say.
A5B69D6A-5A7E-4A5F-8CEA-F7568B9380D3.jpeg 4FBD6349-1F63-4757-B7E4-1D41AF2264DA.jpeg 62DE664B-414E-4999-8D4C-4EB1E8A72961.jpeg 9B627727-0E88-415A-B759-A0ECB418F5CA.jpeg

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This grammie is worn out! How could I forget what is was like dealing with newborns/toddlers? Maybe because it happened just a few years ago...at least I’m in my safe place for the night.

@Mike from TN, we might be stopping by the critter store one evening! Maybe Wednesday or Thursday. Of course, the stars will have to align and the toddler will have to not be Mr. Cranky Pants if it happens.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon All!
I missed this morning completely. It’s in the 90’s here today so I was out mowing before the sun even came up. LED headlights on the tractor make it like daylight. Got a bunch done but then started feeling a little dehydrated so in I came.
Hey! Anybody else here into Orchids? They are another hobby that I used to be into, got out of, and now I’m back in!
Ive had these 3 for about 2 months now and they are opening nicely. They seem to be very happy near this side window. Filtered light most of the say.
A5B69D6A-5A7E-4A5F-8CEA-F7568B9380D3.jpeg 4FBD6349-1F63-4757-B7E4-1D41AF2264DA.jpeg 62DE664B-414E-4999-8D4C-4EB1E8A72961.jpeg 9B627727-0E88-415A-B759-A0ECB418F5CA.jpeg

I have an uncle down in Lima Peru who is really into orchids. It’s funny because unless you know him you’d never expect it. Orchids are beautiful and require the same sort of care our corals do. If you’re a person who can raise and maintain them…you’re a special hooman bean

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tang has been released.
I moved the box a few different places on the bottom putting it right where the tangs go. They stopped reacting to the fish.
This evening I turned him loose. The sailfin is still being snitty once in a while but the orange stripe is running it off. As long as the clown tang leaves him alone I think it will be okay.

Whew, I hate doing this.

Now to clean up the water I slopped all over the tank. Maybe in the morning.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tang has been released.
I moved the box a few different places on the bottom putting it right where the tangs go. They stopped reacting to the fish.
This evening I turned him loose. The sailfin is still being snitty once in a while but the orange stripe is running it off. As long as the clown tang leaves him alone I think it will be okay.

Whew, I hate doing this.

Now to clean up the water I slopped all over the tank. Maybe in the morning.

Ned, my friend, I appreciate you sharing your experiences with your awesome system. I plan on building something similar eventually. And I’ve learned a great deal from you. If you don’t want to acknowledge my own appreciation, just remember. My fish and other critters will be better off from what you share

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. No, I am not going to get a pointy stick and run you off. I post all this stuff so people can learn from what happened and what I did about it, Right or wrong.

I made my acclimation box out of a Critter Keeper years ago. It never did any good. Putting it on the bottom with a brick on it seems to have worked. You can tell because they fight though they cant touch each other. Eventually they get bored and stop.

Had I received the fish I ordered this would not have been necessary. But it is what it is. When it was tiny I couldn't tell it was the wrong fish either.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. No, I am not going to get a pointy stick and run you off. I post all this stuff so people can learn from what happened and what I did about it, Right or wrong.

I made my acclimation box out of a Critter Keeper years ago. It never did any good. Putting it on the bottom with a brick on it seems to have worked. You can tell because they fight though they cant touch each other. Eventually they get bored and stop.

Had I received the fish I ordered this would not have been necessary. But it is what it is. When it was tiny I couldn't tell it was the wrong fish either.

what was the fish you meant to order? I’m fairly sure I saw it in your build thread but can’t recall without going through every page

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was supposed to be a two spot which doesn't get any bigger than a tomini and requires a 70 gallon tank.
lg-0614211-035.jpg

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! It's been a frantic few days. Heading to Nashville this morning to help the kids with the new baby. At the same time, we are waiting for the Louisville kids to move in our house while their new house is being built...that should be interesting. They were supposed to be here Saturday, but ran out of boxes and then found a closet last night that hadn't been packed. How many closets can you have in a tiny 2 BR apartment?? Sooo, I will miss them moving in, which may be a good thing!!

@MrsBugmaster, we had a Ring doorbell installed last year. Best thing we did. Not only can you see (and even talk to) whomever is at the door, you will also know when packages are delivered. That can also be a bad thing....husband gets the same alerts at work. "Ummm, did you get another box of coral today??" Who me?? :D:rolleyes:;Happy;Joyful

I'll try to check in this week. Y'all be thinking about me!
did ya happen to see CC is doing a Live Friday AND Saturday?
you are officially enabled. :cool:

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 91 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back