Good Morning!

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all. It's a cloudy rainy day here. Makes me want to just curl up on the sofa and watch movies all day instead of getting the dozens of things done that I need to do. Maybe some more coffee will help motivate me! :)

Paleozoic_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first weekend in months I can walk by my tank and not get depressed or frustrated! For months I was slowly losing all my corals that I've had since the beginning with no explanation! I did everything! Constant water parameter checks, upgraded to T5 hybrids, 90% WC...nothing! Then on Monday I went to LFS to get a frag or two and I decided to check his water to see how it compared to mine....his water was .020 while mine was .025....hmmmm...so I decided to double check my refractometer with the 35ppt standard and ...FORK!!!! My Refractometer was off by .06! So my tank was sitting at .031 for months!! So I gradually decreased it back to .025 over the course of this week and everything is 180 degrees better!!! Tough lesson I learned but now I'm the wiser in keeping up with the calibrating my equipment...and got my T5 hybrid system! image.jpg

Last edited:

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been playing with chemistry this morning
IMG_1358-L.jpg

I have done 2 50 gallon water changes on a 330 gallon system in about 7 weeks. It has 3 kinds of salt in it.
LA, Red Sea and RC.
Brown stuff is almost gone. So I turned the flow down by half. Water is a bit yellow. I have an ozone system coming to fix that.
All the tests came out perfect. Nothing to fix.
I am almost disappointed.
2019_09_08_0381-XL.jpg

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2nd time that Bubble magnus has gotten stuck and emptied the bottles (2.5ltr) into tank. Nice collection of bleached SPS

I overdosed kalk, and killed almost all of my sps, but the one that did come back is now my favorite, ultimate myogi tort. CD2D23D6-FF64-49FC-9DCA-7937DAE909F7.jpeg
1567864094685.png Guess i'll be doing a 50 gal water change and about to order a NEW doser unit , that's after I take a 20oz hammer to this unit.
Alk climbed from 8 to 11.4
Mag climbed from 1320 to 1505
calcium climbed from 430 to 505
hmmmm- salinity from 36.6 to 41.7 ??? (i assume these parameters have an impact)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Lazy me overslept for church although ive slept 15.5 hours over three days trying to get projects done at home.
Coffee in front of me and boiled some eggs as sliced eggs with toast seem to be appealing.
WAS WOKEN UP TO MY DOOR BELL RINGING AS AMAZON, NOT ups DELIVERED MY REEF CRYSTALS DEAL at A TOTAL OF 6 BUCKETS WHICH WERE EACH PACKED IN A BOX. GUY LOVED ME AS I HAVE A SMALL HAND TRUCK AND GRABBED IT AND BROUGHT IT OUT FOR EASY LOADING AND GAVE HIM A CAN OF CHERRY PEPSI AND HE SHOOK MY HAND AND SMILED ALL THE WAY.
Not sure where to place all these buckets but I think I may place them under my office desk so that they are kept in a good temperature controlled area. Surprised to see it arrive on a Sunday.

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lazy me overslept for church although ive slept 15.5 hours over three days trying to get projects done at home.
Coffee in front of me and boiled some eggs as sliced eggs with toast seem to be appealing.
WAS WOKEN UP TO MY DOOR BELL RINGING AS AMAZON, NOT ups DELIVERED MY REEF CRYSTALS DEAL at A TOTAL OF 6 BUCKETS WHICH WERE EACH PACKED IN A BOX. GUY LOVED ME AS I HAVE A SMALL HAND TRUCK AND GRABBED IT AND BROUGHT IT OUT FOR EASY LOADING AND GAVE HIM A CAN OF CHERRY PEPSI AND HE SHOOK MY HAND AND SMILED ALL THE WAY.
Not sure where to place all these buckets but I think I may place them under my office desk so that they are kept in a good temperature controlled area. Surprised to see it arrive on a Sunday.

Mine (2) are supposed to arrive today also. Not yet. Don’t forget to try the rebate.
92BD3D18-5199-41D6-A92E-017F4289C586.png

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who's watching football, I am and surfing for parts.
Any one have an M2 return? .....where did you get your parts and how did you install
You would think a barb and screen

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My two buckets arrived today also, I was lucky to get in on this great deal.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back