Good Morning!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning folks! Finally hitting some 'teens here too but nice and sunny.

I just posted in the forum noone wants to... Fish Disease. :( If you have some ideas, I'd love to hear 'em.

Go easy on me -- I have not QTd in a decade -- but I guess my luck has just kinda run out.

What's that old country song? If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all (or something like that)!

It sounds like you still have luck - just not the kind that any of us want! :oops:

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's that old country song? If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all (or something like that)!

It sounds like you still have luck - just not the kind that any of us want! :oops:

Eric Clapton does a great cover on that tune. Anybody know where I put my CDs?

My sticks are happy, so it is not all bad. But if I lose the Powder or Betta, I will be in big trouble with the wifey. She talks to them more than me. Says they listen better. :)

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eric Clapton does a great cover on that tune. Anybody know where I put my CDs?

My sticks are happy, so it is not all bad. But if I lose the Powder or Betta, I will be in big trouble with the wifey. She talks to them more than me. Says they listen better. :)
More bad luck; found the CDs, but we no longer have a CD player.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone, Any plans for the weekend? We are FINALLY getting some cold weather and Lake St Clair is finally freezing and making ice, I'm going to go ice fishing for some Yellow Perch. 25 years ago the Ice would be over 24" thick and you could drive a semi truck over it. In fact my sisters first home was part of an old USO dance hall that was trucked over
the ice. But global warming is fake news ;Wacky
I remember those news stories from just 20 years ago (lived in Plymouth), "Man loses truck/shack/snowmobile driving over the ice", but only because he could for 3 months until spring hit.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning folks! Finally hitting some 'teens here too but nice and sunny.

I just posted in the forum noone wants to... Fish Disease. :( If you have some ideas, I'd love to hear 'em.

Go easy on me -- I have not QTd in a decade -- but I guess my luck has just kinda run out.
Ugh...sorry. I haven't quarantined any fish yet...but now I want my last two fish (soon as it warms up to ship safely) and I know as sure as the sun comes up in morning that the last two are going have something...unless I decide to QT them then they'll be healthy right up until they stress out from QT and die. Middle of analysis paralysis here. Danged if I do, danged if I don't.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh...before I start complaining and poking fun at the world (it has a tendency to poke back) I should wish everyone a Good Morning and a Happy Friday!!!

Been a few days. Got the new replacement probes from Apex. Not sure why it took a support phone call, though. I understand why they have to but they poor guys gets on the line and says....'hmmm, reading this you have a bad pH probe and your temp probe was connected wrong. I'll feed that back to manufacturing and we'll ship out new ones and some cal fluid". Ah well, nice enough guy and I have been successfully (more or less) monitoring my tank.

Side note: Why do I suspect that "manufacturing" at Neptune could also be called "Phil". As in support guy on the phone turns around an yells, "Hey Phil, you put that temp probe together wrong for that guy in Indiana. Watch that will ya?".

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ayyy weekend! Tank maintenance today, ice fishing on Sturgeon Bay tomorrow. Have a great weekend everyone!

As a Floridian, I've heard that ice fishing is no joke, so please be careful out there tomorrow!

IceFishing.gif

William Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GOOD MORNING!!! So excited it's Saturday... I've been itching on switching my new tanks plumbing over to PVC for a few weeks now and finally going to do it today. Wish I would have set it up that way to begin with but was in a hurry do to another tank having a slow leak.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone. Remember the saturday morning comics?

ArchieComics.gif

I'm glad we've moved on from all that violence. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone. Remember the saturday morning comics?

ArchieComics.gif

I've glad we've moved on from all that violence. :rolleyes:
When the comics were violent and streets were safe to the opposite. Big improvement.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning....siphon out GHA today (again) and testing. This week I did water changes daily with my 2L pitcher (1 out/1 in per day). So not looking at a WC today - think I like doing it this way.

GHA blues (or greens....actually it's dark brown to be accurate) these past few weeks. Started Vibrant a few weeks ago. My nutrients are always low, have a good CUC still and I'm sick of removing it by hand trying to get ahead of it so going with an additive in the hopes I can take care of it this way before something more drastic is required.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning....siphon out GHA today (again) and testing. This week I did water changes daily with my 2L pitcher (1 out/1 in per day). So not looking at a WC today - think I like doing it this way.

GHA blues (or greens....actually it's dark brown to be accurate) these past few weeks. Started Vibrant a few weeks ago. My nutrients are always low, have a good CUC still and I'm sick of removing it by hand trying to get ahead of it so going with an additive in the hopes I can take care of it this way before something more drastic is required.

an old post about a tank I have since upgraded

From Sep 2018

I have used vibrant several times. It has worked well for me. I have killed GHA, bubble and bryopsis with it. I do not use it all the time. I use twice the recommended dose every 5 days and it usually take 3-5 doses and stuff is gone. I am being proactive though and killing small patches and not whole tank infestations. I also manually remove as much as possible.

This is free internet advice. Use at your own risk. I have an unopened bottle of vibrant and have never put it into the new system. I have made peace with the algae and coexist with them now. I think they are pretty.
Vibrant killed all the algae and I ended up having to feed my clean up crew or they would have starved.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back