Good Morning!

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. I have to bake chocolate lava cakes on my day off for the company thanksgiving party today. I really want to be lazy.
My Trident is driving me nuts. The numbers are way off. It’s a constant headache. DOS pumps are the worse. I didn’t realize I would have to clean and Calibrate every couple of months.
Have great day and stay safe!

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever killed and ate a silky? My friend keeps chickens(for eggs and food), and has several silky's. I remember her sending me pictures the first time they killed and cooked a silky. The skin, meat and bones are black. Tastes the same, just odd to eat black meat that should naturally be white.
Nah! Our girls are strictly pets and egg producers. I knew she had black skin but didn’t know about the meat. To us, harvesting one of our chickens would be like eating any other pet.
Ill butcher deer all day long but when our girls go, they get buried in the garden.

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad LOVED those nasty boiled peanuts!! ;Hilarious
Moving to the South from CA was a real culture shock food wise.
Boiled peanuts, yuck
Pickled eggs, yuck
We’ve been here for years and still can’t find a decent Thai restaurant.
I love a Thai food!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boiled peanuts, yuck
Pickled eggs, yuck
I love a Thai food!
Thai carryout.... a weekly event on my night to "cook".
:cool:

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thai carryout.... a weekly event on my night to "cook".
We found one place in West Nashville that was pretty good. Went there a couple of times but our local Channel 2 news does restaurant cleanliness ratings every week and “our” place scored very low when they were inspected by the Board of Health. Still looking for a new “our place”!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We found one place in West Nashville that was pretty good. Went there a couple of times but our local Channel 2 news does restaurant cleanliness ratings every week and “our” place scored very low when they were inspected by the Board of Health. Still looking for a new “our place”!
my go to when I was actually cooking Thai.
well.... it was until I loaned it to my brother's Thai wife.
apparently "loan" means "gift" in the Thai language.
:D :D:D

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to culinary school for awhile.
first class you had to take was "Food Standards, Sanitation & Hygiene".
I watch like a hawk now, and have walked out of a few places after seeing
poor practice/standards. funny thing though, just think how many times
I "survived" without getting sick and not knowing.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
I broke my right arm. On my chair. I paid $20 for this fine piece of furniture and it is Louie's favorite because he can climb it and not get yelled at.
I will put a screw in it. Its how old people get to screw.
Ha, ha, ha from one old person to another. Hope you are not in to much pain.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Don’t you dare throw sodium chloride at people!
That’s a salt.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning all!

Again it's 2:45am on my so called vacation, and I'm up and awake! Why do I not wake up like this when I have to work?

Be careful with those restaurant television review's, even the health dept. What we get written up for is sometimes ridiculous, and is written in a way that makes it seem really bad.

I am the manager of a local restaurant(went to culinary), and we get written up for things like food on the cooler floor. OK but the food on the floor is raw chicken, and it's in a heavy cardboard box, inside the box they are in a heavy duty plastic bag, and inside that bag each individual chicken is in it's own bag! Funny thing is, put it on a soda rack thats no taller then 2 inches and it's fine. Just cannot touch the actual floor(makes no sense to me). Or the time I got a red violation for not chilling chili properly(NYS says no deeper then 2 inches and has to be brought down to 36 in 2 hours). I had just made a batch of chili, I was busy and threw the entire stock pot in the cooler. Went back 30 minutes later to dump it into a tub so it could cool properly, NYSDH made me throw it away for improper handling of hot items! Or the time I got a blue violation for no soap dispenser by a prep sink! Even after I explained it's a prep sink and we only wash food in it, and the sink 3 feet away has a soap dispenser where we wash our hands. Nope still written up for improperly installed sink, and no hand washing station! Tell me those don't look bad when reading the health Dept. listings. yet they really are no big deal, and pose no health or safety concern for anyone working or eating in my establishment.

So tell me how thats a health and safety concern? But you get written up for it, and it's a health code violation. Here in NY we have 2 separate codes, one is blue, the other is red. Blue is basic things like sanitation. We are allowed as many blue violations as we want. Red is food safety, your only allowed 2 reds and the health dept will shut you down.

Needless to say, I rarely get any violations,at least no red violations.

Last edited:

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning all!

Again it's 2:45am on my so called vacation, and I'm up and awake! Why do I not wake up like this when I have to work?

Be careful with those restaurant television review's, even the health dept. What we get written up for is sometimes ridiculous, and is written in a way that makes it seem really bad.

I am the manager of a local restaurant(went to culinary), and we get written up for things like food on the cooler floor. OK but the food on the floor is raw chicken, and it's in a heavy cardboard box, inside the box they are in a heavy duty plastic bag, and inside that bag each individual chicken is in it's own bag! Funny thing is, put it on a soda rack thats no taller then 2 inches and it's fine. Just cannot touch the actual floor(makes no sense to me). Or the time I got a red violation for not chilling chili properly(NYS says no deeper then 2 inches and has to be brought down to 36 in 2 hours). I had just made a batch of chili, I was busy and threw the entire stock pot in the cooler. Went back 30 minutes later to dump it into a tub so it could cool properly, NYSDH made me throw it away for improper handling of hot items! Or the time I got a blue violation for no soap dispenser by a prep sink! Even after I explained it's a prep sink and we only wash food in it, and the sink 3 feet away has a soap dispenser where we wash our hands. Nope still written up for improperly installed sink, and no hand washing station! Tell me those don't look bad when reading the health Dept. listings. yet they really are no big deal, and pose no health or safety concern for anyone working or eating in my establishment.

So tell me how thats a health and safety concern? But you get written up for it, and it's a health code violation. Here in NY we have 2 separate codes, one is blue, the other is red. Blue is basic things like sanitation. We are allowed as many blue violations as we want. Red is food safety, your only allowed 2 reds and the health dept will shut you down.

Needless to say, I rarely get any violations,at least no red violations.

Good Morning....same here....start of vacation, finished an 8 day work week, came home yesterday afternoon and took a nap around 5:30pm, woke up at 1:30 am. Coffee is ready now.

I took a trip to NYC years ago and it was interesting to see the restaurants in the city with health notices on the doors with the various grades, saw one Chinese restaurant with a C....we went down farther and found a better grade on a Japanese place.

Years ago I worked at a bakery. There was a box of black bananas with fruit flies all over them. I asked the boss if he want me to throw these out.

"No...peel them we are making banana bread with them."

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boiled peanuts, yuck
Pickled eggs, yuck
I love a Thai food!
I love boiled peanuts so much I have them in a can :D . I never tried pickled eggs until a few years ago in Vermont, home pickled by Mainers, they were really good....but I was also really drunk.

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah NYC is different then the rest pf the state. No where in the rest of the state do you get a grade like that.

And that goes for everything. NYC should really be a state all it's own. Downstate policies really kill the rest of the state. Politicians think the state ends at Albany or westchester county.

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning....same here....start of vacation, finished an 8 day work week, came home yesterday afternoon and took a nap around 5:30pm, woke up at 1:30 am. Coffee is ready now.

Did the same yesterday, probably why I'm up this early. I normally go to work at 3:30 am anyways. SO my body is just used to getting up early.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the same yesterday, probably why I'm up this early. I normally go to work at 3:30 am anyways. SO my body is just used to getting up early.
I told my wife I was going to sleep in this weekend...nope, probably will never happen. I'm programmed to wake up by 6am to get ready for work. Now that is 5 am because of the time change....so sometimes I'm stirring around 4:30 am the last couple of weeks.

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I told my wife I was going to sleep in this weekend...nope, probably will never happen. I'm programmed to wake up by 6am to get ready for work. Now that is 5 am because of the time change....so sometimes I'm stirring around 4:30 am the last couple of weeks.

Second that.. I used to stay up till 1-2 am and wake up for 8-9. Dang work ruins everything... I keep telling my wife to win power ball but she won’t for some reason.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, and a special good morning to the early risers! I'm usually at work by 6:30, but sometimes as early as 4:30. I'm not to be bothered after 8:00 p.m...that's when I'm staring at my corals under the actinics plus it's almost bedtime! ;Joyful

I have a short work day today, then will start the very small Thanksgiving prep for all two of us. It's going to be a weird holiday, but we just have to make the best of it this year.

On an exciting note, my new Sicce return pump arrives today! ;Happy

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning Friends!
Im also going to start the Turkey Day prep today Grammie, Just the two of us also. I like to get the prep done the day before because we spend the good part of the day on Thanksgiving putting up the tree and decorating the house. Won’t catch me anywhere near a store on Black Friday.
I do all the cooking in our house. My Wife hates to cook and it shows LOL! I don’t mind doing it though, I like to cook.
Y’all have a great day today and stay safe, healthy and happy.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone! Reef on and stay safe!

Discovery Dive GIF by Shark Week

Back