BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Canada Geese, not Canadian Geese.
very tasty. :cool:

Here in Hoosier land we always called them Canadian. But I could imagine they taste good.

I’ve had alligator, alpaca, cuy (guinea pig, it’s a traditional Peruvian thing and I’m Peruvian), elk, bison, octopus, squid....All tasty if prepared well.

and before people get the mob about the cuy: the Inca and people who lived in the Andes prior to the Incan empire had to turn to guinea pigs as a source of protein. Reason being, at the altitude they lived at they could only raise the rodents and alpaca. Well, alpaca were the only beasts of burden they had. And since they never used the wheel, the alpaca weren’t normally viewed as food unless it was an old individual who had to be put down. I tried cuy because I have Inca in my blood on my fathers side. So it’s a heritage thing. Also the guinea pigs they eat are monsters the size of pugs.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here in Hoosier land we always called them Canadian. But I could imagine they taste good.

I’ve had alligator, alpaca, cuy (guinea pig, it’s a traditional Peruvian thing and I’m Peruvian), elk, bison, octopus, squid....All tasty if prepared well.

and before people get the mob about the cuy: the Inca and people who lived in the Andes prior to the Incan empire had to turn to guinea pigs as a source of protein. Reason being, at the altitude they lived at they could only raise the rodents and alpaca. Well, alpaca were the only beasts of burden they had. And since they never used the wheel, the alpaca weren’t normally viewed as food unless it was an old individual who had to be put down. I tried cuy because I have Inca in my blood on my fathers side. So it’s a heritage thing. Also the guinea pigs they eat are monsters the size of pugs.

guinea pigs running GIF
prime rib meat GIF

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What do you call an ugly dinosaur?
- - - An eyesaur

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mom cross stitched it
Wow, that makes it even better!!! She did a beautiful job and it must be very special to you. :) I may need to take up cross stitching again. I cross stitched a humpback whale YEARS ago and it's still hanging in our guest bathroom.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! The water changes didn't happen yesterday....it was too beautiful outside! We had an entirely outside kind of day, partly just sitting on the deck watching the tree swallows build a nest in one of my bluebird houses, with the male bluebird trying to chase them off (nest in another bluebird house) . No hummingbirds here yet, but I need to get the feeder out soon.

We always have visitors in the pond behind our house....usually ducks, sometimes geese, even swans! One of the neighbors living on another pond added some swans several years ago and they sometimes wander across the road to visit us. We even have an occasional peacock visitor from the nearby farm!

Have a great Sunday! Maybe those water changes will happen today. Did I mention that I'm a procrastinator? :rolleyes:;Shamefullyembarrased;Joyful

Cat Procrastinating GIF

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that makes it even better!!! She did a beautiful job and it must be very special to you. :) I may need to take up cross stitching again. I cross stitched a humpback whale YEARS ago and it's still hanging in our guest bathroom.
it keeps her with me every day.
mom's wreath.JPG this one is above my desk

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.
I will start by saying I have confronted the coral banded shrimp with fresh stripes from yesterday's boat trip and he is now hiding in shame at HIS lack of pigmentation!
In other news I just setup the duetto ato unit for the nano. I am very hopeful that this will keep salinity very even (15 gallon actual water volume). I view the salinity stability as the number one challenge for this tank.

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy All!
Just got back a little while ago. I must say, (sorry if anyone lives there OR has family that does) Memphis is kind of an armpit. Beale St is nothing compared to Lower Broadway in Nashville. We saw three separate arrests in the short time we spent there. Even got to witness a few drug deals going down right out in the open. Didn’t seem very family friendly.
Graceland was awesome. We took the “super duper” VIP tour. Saw stuff that they don’t show you on the regular tour. Learned a lot about “The King”. Had some pretty great Creole food for dinner last night and stayed at the presidential suite in the Marriott . Angela travels so much for business, we do a lot of stuff on “points”. Car rentals, hotels etc. Last nights stay was a freebie.
We didn’t do the river boat trip because it was supposed to storm so we just had breakfast and took the scenic way home.
It was nice to get away for the night. Now, it’s back to chores, as usual!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 75 37.7%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back